JGPH1A
Topic Author

Cape Air (9K) Connecting In BOS

Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:03 pm

I plan to travel to Provincetown in September, and was thinking idly of flying back PVC-BOS-xxx-NCE, and I was wondering how difficult it is to transfer from an Air Cape flight arriving in BOS from PVC to an NW/AF flight leaving BOS for AMS/CDG.

9K arrive at Terminal C
AF/NW depart from Terminal E

My questions are

1. Do 9K interline luggage ? Can they tag my bags all the way PVC-BOS-xxx-NCE ?

2. Is it possible to remain airside in BOS transferring from Terminal C to Terminal E ? I would prefer to checkin for my onward flight at the gate rather than having to join the hideous mile-long checkin lines in Terminal E.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

PVD757

RE: Cape Air (9K) Connecting In BOS

Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:57 am

I'll take a stab at it; fairly familiar with BOS minus the "A" construction:

1. yes, they have interline agreements with all the US majors (I'm sure of the following: AA, US, CO, DL, UA, NW) with the obvious exception of WN. If a codeshare flight # is available from BOS on a "foreign" airline, it should also work, I believe.

2. NO: there are no airside connectors at any BOS terminals that I know of. That is why BOS is, quite nicely, not a connecting passenger friendly airport. The "E" terminal has been recently renovated/improved, but have not been up there since it's completion...

JGPH1A
Topic Author

Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:25 am

Thanks PVD757, much appreciated. Pretty much as I suspected all along.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

SegmentKing

Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:27 am

Here is a list of interline agreements with Cape Air:

Air Canada
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
ATA
British Airways
Continental Airlines
Delta Airlines
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Midwest Express
Northwest Airlines
U.S. Airways
United Airlines
Virgin Atlantic

~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

RiverVisualNYC

Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:40 am

Related topic, anyone know if Cape Air is the only US scheduled passenger carrier to operate an all-recip fleet? I think that's pretty cool either way.

ScottB

Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:40 am

One other option would be to route yourself PVC-BOS-JFK-NCE (BOS-JFK on a Delta Connection/ACA 328JET, JFK-NCE on DL). Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Delta Connection flights leave from C42/C43, which is not connected on the airside to Cape Air's gate C33, but the lines at the checkpoint for C41-43 never seem to be that bad, and since DL is in Terminal C, you wouldn't have to take the bus over to Terminal E.

The other option (depending on how much you want to spend and your schedule) would be to take one of the ferries from P-Town to Boston and catch a water taxi over to Logan. It takes a little longer but the ferry ride can be pretty fun.

EMBQA

Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:31 am

JGPH1-

You know.....I worked at BOS for almost a year in Term C, and I don't remember if you can.....and that was 3 years ago and before all the new construction I'm hearing about. I do know that it would not be a bad walk, if you have a roller bag...and there is always the Airport Shuttle Bus. The 2 Terminals are right next to each other, but I don't think they are actually connected.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

ScottB

Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:53 am

It wouldn't be a bad walk except for all of the construction... I'm not sure I'd try to walk from Terminal D to Terminal E since it's all torn up.

The terminals are all connected now via the skyways from Central Parking, so you could walk upstairs from the Terminal C lobby, cross to the garage, and walk across the skyway to Terminal E. It's probably faster than waiting for the bus.

Terminals B, C, D, and E are all physically connected -- B to C via a second-level walkway that passes through the control tower/administration building as well, C and D at ground level (parts of the Terminal C baggage claim are in the Terminal D structure), and D and E on the second level behind security. The three gates in Terminal D (1C, 1D, and 1E) are numbered contiguously with the gates in Terminal E.

I doubt that Cape Air could check you in for your international segment, but who knows?