HNLFlyBoy

BOS-LAS In F...who To Fly?

Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:33 am

I am planning a trip from BOS-LAS in August and want to know who would offer the best F/C service for that route.

flyboyaz

RE: BOS-LAS In F...who To Fly?

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:09 pm

Well if you are speaking of nonstop flights, HP is the only carrier that has FC. DL also flies the route but as Song. FC on HP is just fine...nice Airbus aircraft. Of course I'm biased but I'm sure you would enjoy and the rates are extremely reasonable. You can buy a cheap fare and upgrade within 30 hours of departure for $150 each way.
Catch a ride on a smile!

Cory6188

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:13 pm

If you want a true F service (HP's is kind of a quasi-F - not necessarily bad, just keep that in mind), you could take CO through EWR. BOS-EWR won't be anything special, but you will have a full service on EWR-LAS.

HNLFlyBoy

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:15 pm

Cory,

what kind of equiptment does CO use for the EWR-LAS route? Is it Business First service?

funflyer

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:16 pm

AA also flys BOS-LAS non-stop, in a 757.
Who cares about status?

flyboyaz

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:18 pm

Ah yes, my bad....checked for today and AA's flight only operates a few days a week.
Catch a ride on a smile!

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:22 pm

BOS-EWR won't be anything special, but you will have a full service on EWR-LAS.

CO's service isn't much different from HP's on the LAS runs -- unless, of course, you get a flight operated with a BF-configured B757 (it'll show as a 752 as opposed to a 757 in CO's timetables). However, the service is NOT BF - just the seat. And FWIW, if HNLFlyboy is looking at the cheap First Class tickets to LAS (the sub-$500RT ones -- I'm not even sure if they're available from BOS), I don't believe CO is among the airlines offering them (and if they are, they're only from a small number of markets).

BTW, AA flies BOS-LAS n/s as well in August... AA would be my first choice.

ssides

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:26 pm

Just remember that AA's 757s into LAS are now configured without the MRTC format. Of course, this won't apply to you in First Class, but I think First has changed a bit, too. I flew DFW-LAS a few weeks ago in coach, but couldn't check out the first class cabin because we boarded through the mid-cabin door.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

HNLFlyBoy

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:29 pm

Ssides, what type of equiptment was this from DFW? did they do dual bridge boarding?

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:29 pm

Of course, this won't apply to you in First Class, but I think First has changed a bit, too.

First Class on AA has not changed -- they just added seats to Y on the B757 and A300 while removing F seats on the B738 to add more MTRC Y seats.

flyboyaz

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:30 pm

I have to agree that domestic FC on CO isn't much different than HP FC. I've flown both and did not notice anything better about either. HP's FC did not change much, even though our coach service did change...i.e getting rid of free meals in place of buy on board. If you take a red eye flight out of LAS on HP, there is no meal service....only during the day.
Catch a ride on a smile!

ssides

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:36 pm

HNLFlyboy --

Now that I think about it, I think we did board from the front door in DFW, but I know we boarded through the mid-cabin door at LAS. It wasn't a dual jetbridge, but the way that the gate at LAS was configured, the aircraft lined up that way. First Class pax turned left when they boarded, coach pax turned right. It appeared that several of AA's gates at LAS were designed this way.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

Prinair

Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:46 pm

HP...Check their website or my older thread (posted 2 days ago) for more info on their new "Go First" discounted non refundable first class fares.

I am sure they can beat any F class fare out in the market.
PRINAIR : Puerto Rico International Airlines

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos