richardw

Sunshine Coast MCY?

Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:39 pm

Virgin Blue refer to Sunshine Coast, but do not use the 3 letter Airport Code, I am assuming that it is MCY.
If you live outside Australia, do you have to pay GST when booking on Virginblue.com.au or quantas.com.au? Also is it payable when booking SYD-AKL on airnz.co.nz?

The MCY-SYD service on Qantaslink, is this always the B717 or sometimes other equipment?

qantas747

RE: Sunshine Coast MCY?

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:43 pm

Hey there,

As for the GST I am no accountant, but I would think you might have to pay it, unless there is some kind of international rebate. SYD-AKL I don't think it applies.

As for the Aircraft on the route. MCY-SYD on QFLink will always be a 717 (for now) When Jetstar comes through I would think that only Jetstar would be flying MCY-SYD and not QFLink therefore, you will most probaly get a 717. Only difference, on QFlink it will be alittle easier on the knees compared to the tighter pitch on Jetstar.. Have a look around the Qantas webiste and it could give you some more info on the taxes and stuff (www.qantas.com)

Hope this helps,

QANTAS747

worldoftui

RE: Sunshine Coast MCY?

Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:14 am

You don't have to pay GST on Australian domestic airfares when purchased outside of Australia.
Not sure about the NZ bit though. Sorry!

Mark