B6FA4ever
Topic Author

Aloha To DCA?

Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:23 pm

hey all,

quite a few wks ago there was a post on Aloha flying to DCA. any word yet if they got the slots they needed to fly SNA-DCA? if not awarded yet, how long till it is? (if they get it)

i also read in another post here or another airline chat site (i think it was flightinfo.com) that AQ is suppose to get 2 more B737-700's later this year? if they don't get the DCA flts, where do u think they'll send those planes? maybe a new route to SAN? or even the pacific northwest? thanx for any info!

~B6FA4ever

aloha73g

RE: Aloha To DCA?

Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:01 pm

I think they will get atleast one of the DCA flights. Hawai'i's senior Senator (Inouye) is very powerful and his first job was working for AQ. He sits on some transportation committees and will make sure they get them, I think and hope. If not, I think SAN, ONT, PDX, SEA and maybe even SJC (since AA is cutting it from Sept to Dec). Who knows, but I'm sure they will do well with whatever they get. -Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

kalakaua

Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:18 pm

How much slots did AQ apply for? I really hope they get it too. I didn't know that Sen. Inouye worked for Aloha. He is quite a very respectable and influential person up on The Hill. It would be a sight to see the Bird-of-Paradise on the other side of the U.S.

EYE CANDY!

Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

aloha73g

Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:12 pm

Aloha applied for 4 slots to do 2x daily HNL-SNA-DCA on 737-700 ofcourse. Sen Inouye worked for AQ as an unpaid sales representaive when he was a student at UH-Manoa afetr WWII. He wanted the experience, and seems to remain friendly with the founders/owners and their families. Former Hawai'i Congresswoman Pat Saiki was also one of Aloha's first F/A's, on the weekends....she was a school teacher Monday thru Friday. This info is from Aloha's 50th anniversary history book. -Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!