Amir
Topic Author

Russian Planes To BKK Or Kul?

Mon Jan 24, 2000 7:03 pm

hi folks,

i am planning my next crazy trip to BKK. Crazy in a sense that it should be with odd airlines and aircrafts.
I would love to fly on an russian aircraft once more, one never knows how long they will be flying. Can anybody help me by advising an airline which is still flying russian equipment into BKK or KUL
(even SIN would be fine) ?

Unfortunately, SU is not flying the IL96 any more as of March (according to their schedule). LZ (balkan) used to have a damn long flight with A TU154 going via DXB but i can't find this one either.

any help would be appreciated

Brgds
Amir

Attn. Thai747: maybe you know? thanks

Amir
Topic Author

RE: Russian Planes To BKK Or Kul?

Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:00 am

hi folks,

i am planning my next crazy trip to BKK. Crazy in a sense that it should
be with odd airlines and aircrafts.
I would love to fly on an russian aircraft once more, one never knows how
long they will be flying. Can anybody help me by advising an airline
which is still flying russian equipment into BKK or KUL
(even SIN would be fine) ?

Unfortunately, SU is not flying the IL96 any more as of March (according
to their schedule). LZ (balkan) used to have a damn long flight with A
TU154 going via DXB but i can't find this one either.

any help would be appreciated

Brgds
Amir

Attn. Thai747: maybe you know? thanks

Tue Jan 25, 2000 10:17 am

Have you checked some russian airlines? I think Vnukovo Airlines fly there with a IL-86.... but I am not sure

Amir
Topic Author

Tue Jan 25, 2000 3:50 pm

Hi CSA,

yes i did check many russian airliers ut either they don't fly there at all or they use mainly 767, 777 or 313.

Vnukovo Airlines????? where do they fly from?

thanks
regards
Amir

Even Uzbekistan Airlines are hardly using their left IL62, and concentrating on 763 !!! damn it !

thai747

Tue Jan 25, 2000 6:55 pm

Air Koryo has FNJ - BKK - FNJ flight to Bangkok on Thursday and back to FNJ on Friday ( FNJ's Pyongyang of North Korea ) but I would think its a lil. hard for you to find any route Air Koryo will be flying to for you to connect to Bangkok , they fly TU - 154 ,

The 2 airline which might have cancelled are Balkan Balgaria as well ( in my time table ) but they have couple of stop before BKK - SOF. Another airline is Aeroflot from BKK to Vladivostok ( VVO on an IL62 ) but as you have said they might be cancelling their flight  

Another choice you might have is to fly to Luang Prabang of Laos and fly into Chiang Mai on Lao Aviation Yak - 7 ( I think Chinese made ) and then another flight to BKK

Any of these flight sounds crazy doesn't it?

First Class

Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:15 pm

Hi!
I have checked all possibilities in the reservation system.
The only possible way is the following:
Sa SVO(Moscow)-VVO(Vladivostok) dep 18:40, arr Su 10:05 (SU IL62)
Dep VVO 17:25 arr BKK21:05 (SU IL62)

In the summer timetable, there will be only a Sunday afternoon flight from VVO to BKK by SU IL62 (as you see above).
Bye!

Amir
Topic Author

Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:29 pm

Hi Jak. and FirstCalss

Thanks very much for your replies i will chk them! it would be great if i can get the IL62!!!!!

regards
Amir

Tue Jan 25, 2000 10:00 pm

What about the SU flight to BKK from Khabarovsk???
is it discontinued???
and Vnukovo Airlines fly from Vnukovo Airport in Moscow.

Amir
Topic Author

Wed Jan 26, 2000 12:06 am

Hi CSA! thanks for info.

however the KHV-BKK is not available in the schedule!
i think i will go for the VVO-BKK, i have to check for Visa stuff since i will be transiting MOW (SVO) and then VVO again before getting off in BKK so i might need a visa. Also i have to check the terminals at SVO maybe i need to change Terminals then i definitely need a visa.

thanks, Brgds
Amir

Wed Jan 26, 2000 12:14 am

SVO-VVO departs from SVO1 and all international flights except some CIS arrive at SVO-2 so you have to change terminals.

you can check airport info at:

ben

Found One...

Wed Jan 26, 2000 6:51 am

I have found, on OAG Flightdisk, a once per week flight from Moscow/SVO to Bangkok.

Unfortunately I can't find one same one on the Gallileo or Amadeus systems (also check amadeus.net under availability).

The details are: Rusavia (Code:2Q) 9503 Depart 0800, arrive 2030. Thats on Saturdays only.

This is a problem that I found constantly in Russia. Thousands of flights operate every day to just about every small town/city and there are very frequent connections to all major cities with so many different airlines.... but when you look at a (western) travel agent's system, they don't show up!! You actually have to go to Russia and ask one of the local agents and then you get a much better idea about what's going on.

You get a much better deal too. St. Petersburg to Moscow was quoted to me in London at 150 pounds with Pulkovo but when I bought it in St. Petersburg the flight was only 45 pounds!!

Maybe you could call a Russian travel agent?

RE: Found One...

Wed Jan 26, 2000 7:32 am

Ben you are absolutely right,

Amir I will mail you some contacts in moscow nice travel agencies check your mail tomorrow.

Amir
Topic Author

Wed Jan 26, 2000 3:46 pm

Hi Folks,

thanks very much for your replies!

best regards from FRA
Amir