B6FA4ever
Topic Author

Favorite Airline Route Map?

Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:47 pm

hey all,

i was wondering what everyone's favorite route map is when it comes to navagational reasoning.

my vote would go to Hawaiian Airlines site.
http://www.hawaiianair.com/bookaflight/schedules/sch_select_routemap.asp

its very nicely setup too (not to mention brand new). it has all of America West's route that can connect to HA's flights to HNL, OGG, and even Pago Pago/Pappette. also includes how many miles you can get for taking those routes... Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Good job to the web designers who did it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

~B6FA4ever

keno

RE: Favorite Airline Route Map?

Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:58 pm

I'm actually quite annoyed with big airlines like BA, LH, KL, AF, SQ for not having routemaps in their website. I know their network they can be quite complicated to display, but with the aid of Micromedia Flash, this can easily be made user-friendly. American ones - UA, US, DL, NW, AA tend to display just destination maps without the flight routings, except CO.

HA is one of the best around. I also find EK, GF and JL pretty neat too.

jmy007

Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:19 am

QF has a great interactive route map on their web site. BA route map in their inflight magazine, High Life, is fantastic.
Cookies are the Gateway pastry. They lead to Éclairs and Bear Claws.

aussieboggie

Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:23 am

Sekarang Sesiapapun Bisa Terbang

keno

Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:29 am

QF route map in their website does not show the actual routing. For example if you click on New York or Papeete, a non-stop route is shown when if fact there is a stop somewhere. The same goes for London, Paris and all other non-stop routes. You have to check their schedule to find out exactly where the stops are.

scf158

Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:07 am

My vote goes to AC 's route map... very interactive and to my liking!

I also like EK 's a lot.

I agree with you, KEno, Im surprised big name airlines dont have route maps! Especially BA and LH.

Regards,
scf158