AMS
Topic Author

AC *SUPER Comfort Seats NOW Available On AMS-YYZ*

Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:46 am

I just check my CRS system regarding an AC flight from AMS to YYZ on a 763
with new super confort seats. anyone knows more about AC's Super comfort seats.

*** AIR CANADA ***
12JUN-SA AMS YYZ ** **
**SUPER COMFORT SEATS NOW AVAILABLE ON AC893**
11 AC 893 Y9 S9 M9 B9 H9 V9 Q9 L9 AMSYYZ 1200 1415 763 0
N9

Also there is no premiun J/C class cabin?

Regards,
AMS

B747-437B

RE: AC *SUPER Comfort Seats NOW Available On AMS-YYZ*

Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:50 am

SuperComfort is AC's euphemism for their domestic 767 cabin that is used on low-yield high density routes to Europe in lieu of the ExecutiveFirst cabin.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

UnitedFirst

RE: AC *SUPER Comfort Seats NOW Available On AMS-Y

Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:28 am

SuperComfort seating is in the Executive Class (read: not ExecutiveFirst) cabin of former "domestic" Boeing 767-200ERs. I suppose they're ETOPS rated, and since Air Canada has a shortage of aircraft for trans-Atlantic routes, they're operating these aircraft on low-yield routes where there's not a big demand for a Business Class cabin, yet many would be willing to pay full-fare Economy for a bigger seat.

Derek

Whiteguy

Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:53 am

Unitedfirst

If you read the top it is a B763. It has nothing to do with the aircraft it is just an economy class service and people pay a little more for the bigger seat. There is no configuration change on the aircraft.

FLYACYYZ

Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:38 am

AMS -

I believe the elimination of Executive First to AMS and ZRH (joining GLA/DUB/SNN), is based on last summers bookings. True J/C bookings were marginal during the summer season, and the flights were experiencing large numbers of involuntary upgrades to accomodate overbookings from Y/C.

Generally customers who have paid the highest fares, being full Y/C or high end economy excursion fares are accomdated in the forward cabin. Since these now seasonal routes cannot support a J/C product, I know marketing is looking at fine tuning the forward cabin and perhaps in the future offering a true "Economy Plus/Economy Extra standard of service.
Above and Beyond

UnitedFirst

RE: AC *SUPER Comfort Seats NOW Available On AMS-Y

Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:46 am

Whiteguy,

You are correct...this service will be operated with Boeing 767-300ERs.

However, I would be willing to bet serious money that you'll be seeing different Boeing 767-300ERs on this route than are usually seen (ie, those with ExecutiveFirst).

I was taking a tour of a maintenance building at Air Canada in YUL a year ago, and we went inside a 767-300, which had eight main exit doors (not four doors with four overwing hatches). This aircraft had Air Canada's usual domestic-767 ExecutiveClass seats installed.

Does anyone know the origin of these birds, because I'm almost certain that these are the -300ERs plying the "SuperComfort" routes (alongside the ex-domestic-200ERs serving "SuperComfort"). I don't think they're ex-CP, but perhaps they are.

Any info/thoughts?

Derek

squad55

Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:54 am

UnitedFirst-
I've flown on that a/c that you are talking of. I noticed the seats in First didn't look that spectacular. I was flying the last flight out of YVR at 22:05 to YYC. Apparently the aircraft overnights in YYC then flys somewhere intl.

The seats in First was 2-2-2. I was thinking of trying this out one way. They are offering YVR-YYC on Exec first for 336.00 CDN. I'm not sure if it's worth it though. I might wait until they put an A340 or A330 on that flight.

ramprat

Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:49 pm

Squad55, fly on Sunday if you want a 340, every sunday flt 216 is a 340, returning as flt 225 to Vancouver. And in case you were wondering, the 767 that comes in and overnights, turns to the MBJ flt the next morning.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos