lan707

LAN New Colors

Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:32 am

On the 23rd of Mar LAN will bring out it´s new coporate identity inclusive it´s new color scheme.

First A/C one A-340 and one A-320 will be in the new colors.

Titels will be only "LAN".

What I heard it looks very nice, but I have not seen it so
far due I had off. Photos will be held of course secrectly
until the publication on the 23rd.

So let´s guess and then we can discuss which one looks better !!!!!!!

kaitak

RE: LAN New Colors

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:28 am

I can't believe they're replacing the current one so soon; it has to be among the most attractive in the industry!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Nacho Piédrola - IBERIAN SPOTTERS

View Large View Medium

Photo © Morris Biondi

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mike Primamore

dragon-wings

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:33 am

I can't belive it either  Angry

The livery they have now is one of the best around!
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

yanksn4

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:39 am

Why the heck are they doing this?
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

lan707

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:43 am

Yes indeed it is one the best colors, but LAN is a very dynamic company who does almost daily changes within the company and is adjusting there business to the market.

The current colors has been introduced in May98, so it is almost 6 years ago. A lot of companies change there image
every 5-10 years.

That keeps a fresh image. As you can see a lot of companies
with an very old image like (AZ,OA etc) are mostly in a bad financial shape. Flexibilty is what counts this this business.

lanperu

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:44 am

I think this will make a more generic livery that can be used by any of it's subsidiaries in the region too.

Southamerica

Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:03 am

I believe this is a good move for LAN, although I also agree that the current image is indeed really nice.

This is all aimed towards psychological publicity and advertisement. LAN is growing and if they truly are planning on being THE airline for Latin America, and not exclusively for Chile, they should change their livery in favor of a more globalized and fresh image.

I think that erasing the "Chile" titles is a good start, although I'd like to see them keep the star symbol in other style and go for more curves instead of straight lines accross the fuselage.

SOUTHAMERICA

A388

Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:25 am

I also agree with the other members here, I think LanChile's current livery looks just fine. Now that they will change their current livery, it does make me curious as to how their new livery will look like. I agree with the reactions of the members here, that if LanChile wants to become a more dominant player within Latin America, they indeed need to change their name to just LAN, instead of LanChile. The disadvantage of doing this, is that LanChile will lose its "national pride" as a national carrier of Chile because the new image will probably be applicable to more countries than just Chile. But then again, when I look at Grupo TACA, they did a wonderful job on developing and marketing an image that goes well with all the countries involved in their group alliance. I am confident LanChile will achieve the same as they seem to be one of the best airlines in Latin America  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Saludos A388  Wink/being sarcastic