AF022
Topic Author

Korean Business Class - Any Good?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:18 pm

I am balancing taking KE business class DXB-AKL and earning a lot of Delta miles, or taking EK business class direct and checking out the A345.

What is KE business class like? Bearable?

B777 DXBICN - B744 ICNAKL

thanks...

UTA_flyinghigh

RE: Korean Business Class - Any Good?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:23 pm

KE's Prestige Class is more than bearable, I flew them 3 times on CDG to ICN and they have a very friendly/professional cabin crew, the food is quite good and the seat pitch quite acceptable; not to mention the free gift and personalized amenity kit. You also have the added bonus of SkyTeam FF miles.
The view from a KE 744 in C :

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Ronciere
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Ronciere

UTA
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

Carfield

Decent

Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:05 am

Well, Korean Air's Prestige class is nothing fancy like lie flat seats... but is a decent product. You get a typical J seat with 50" of legroom and a classic PTV (no AVOD) is available... Meals are their strengths... very nice presentations -- course by course... the lounge at Seoul is amazing.

Compared to EK's business class, I think KE is not too bad... EK has the fancier business class seats on the Airbus A340-500s, but still no flat seats... and I think KE's F/As are a bit more consistent and friendlier than EK... (EK is good, but the F/As really vary from flight to flight... sometimes friendly, but sometimes downright rude... KE is more consistent...)

Enjoy your KE flights... more miles sound like a better deal in this case...

Carfield

gte439u

Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:48 am

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/getmiles/airline_partners/index.jsp

According to this, you can earn Sky Miles when you fly on EK.

boeingflying31

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:08 am

When I flew Korean business class, it sucked. I sat on uppder deck from LAX-NRT a while ago and the service was not the best. The food didn't taste that good, they had no ammentity kit, or any IFE ptv's on the plane. Emirates has a pretty good business class product. Their service is professional and the lounge in Dubai is the best in the world. Just my 2 cents.
-Bf31

AF022
Topic Author

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:22 am

i don't think i get the miles i need for medallion on EK, while I would on KE (just noticed KE is the opposite of EK!)

Thanks for the feedback. I have never traveled KE or the A345, but i find EK's business class B777 (DXB-DAR) over-rated in general.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos