N323ER

Mishap @ Kbwi

Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:46 pm

Today @ around 2pm we had a DC-10(Ghana Airways) come into BWI. During the download the ramp(Signature Flight Support) were runnning 4 LD3 containers from the gate to the international bag belt, when the driver noticed a huge amount of white powder coming from one of the containers. Within mins we had Police/Fire/State OPS/DOT/FAA/Dept of Agriculture on the seen. First reports were agents around the area were suffereing from respertory problems. Everyone on the international side working the bagroom were held in the bagroom and decontaminated due to a fear of anthrax. Finally @ around 8pm the huge investigation, that had caused Airtran,NWA to do certain pushes so that the powder did not spread, revealed a mixture of alfredo, aregano(not sure if that is spelt right) and I think flour. Seems funny to me, all they should have done is called me out of OPS and I would have done the tip of the tongue taste test  Smile

Thought you all might find this interesting

RYAN AIRTRAN(BWIOPS)
RYAN SCAIFE

contrails

RE: Mishap @ Kbwi

Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:43 pm

I wonder why this didn't get into the Baltimore Sun, or on the DC area TV news? Wasn't in the Washington Post, either. Something like this would normally trigger at least a mention by CNN.
Flying Colors Forever!

zrb2

RE: Mishap @ Kbwi

Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:17 am

Everyone a bit edgy these days or what?!? reminds of a couple weeks ago at Buffalo, an "unidentified substance" caused a great deal of concern and brought out the FBI and police. After much labwork, it was determined to be a jar of honey that leaked in a passengers suitcase.

The Ghana DC-10 is always an interesting sight at BWI. A nice change of pace from all the regular domestics over there.