Ever Been Sent To The Wrong Plane

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:05 am

Ever been sent to the wrong aircraft whilst on the tarmac

once at LUT i was sent to the MAD flight and not the EDI. the F/A had to lower the stairs and open the door again once i realised

Sabena332

RE: Ever Been Sent To The Wrong Plane

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:16 am

That's the problem when airlines use these reusable plastic boarding cards, such a mistake would be impossible with a regular boarding pass because the "boarding card reader" notice when someone with a wrong boarding pass is going to enter the plane.

I had a similar situation a few years ago, I arrived from VIE and had a very short connection in CDG, when I arrived at the gate I realized that there were two flights to DUS (one flight was delayed) and that boarding for both began at the same time, I didn't pay attention to the sign above the counter where the flight number was displayed, so I stood in the wrong line, when the gate agent put my boarding pass into the reader it was making a noise and the display showed "WRONG FLIGHT". I noticed that I was the wrong line and went to the neighbor gate from where I boarded my (correct) flight to DUS.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

JGPH1A

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:24 am

Sabena332 - good point about gate readers, although U2 have had to stop using the plastic ones, and have had to introduce preprinted cards on which the pax name is hand-written. Security now requires that all pax have their names on their boarding cards (which is very sensible).

Which begs the question of course - WHEN OH WHEN are U2 going to enter the 21st century at LTN and issue proper ATB-style gate-readable boarding cards, instead of these handwritten crap things. At NCE these ATB boarding cards have been in use by U2's ground handling ever since 9/11, when the named BP requirement came in. Admittedly, Reed Aviation or whoever it is that supplies the DCS system to U2 in the UK, use some system that fell off the Ark, but come on - how tough can it be ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

PA110

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:25 am

Two funny stories ever told to me by one of "Les Anciennes d'Air France". Doubt they're true, but still amusing.

1. In the days of the Connies, many AF flights from Paris continued to Mexico. Flights were timed so that they all met in JFK (then Idlewild) roughly the same time. One day, the traffic agent managed to take all the pax who had just arrived from Mexico and stick them on the arrival flight from Paris, thereby sending them back to Mexico.

2. Still back in the days of the Connies, AF and KL were boarding at Idlewild in heavy fog. Not paying attention, the AF passengers boarded the KL aircraft. It filled and took off. With its aircraft gone, KL then chose to board the AF aircraft and send it on its way. Why? Because both flight refueled in Gander where they could switch pax before any further damage was done.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

ushermittwoch

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:32 am

It hasn't happened to me but it happened on a flight I was on.
It was last April in ORD where there was a huge number of United RJ's leaving at the same time from the same gate. My flight was going to CRW and a lady that was going to BNA stepped into the plane, looked around and saw that "her" seat was taken. The F/A came over and the problem was resolved. Luckily for her the flight to BNA hadn't left and all was fine.
ACA, who was operating that flight should have had people check the boarding passes at the door, then that would not have happened.
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

BR715-A1-30

Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:55 am

I heard a story in ATL passengers were boarding a BRASILIA, and there was an O.S. brasilia next to it. Passengers boarded the O.S. Brasilia and to their surprise found floorboards missing and no crew.
Puhdiddle