windshear

Its Almost Final...SAS Restructuring...

Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:36 am

In the financial newspaper Børsen, there was an article about SAS and their plans to divide SAS Europe into three companies...

This has been discussed earlier, but there was doubt as to whether or not this was a serious plan or not, but now it seems as if the plans are starting to take form...

Also there are talks about cut in wages, and if that doesn't go through SAS will be in serious trouble...
Then they will have to stop at least 50% of their intercontinental routes Sad

This doesn't look good...

Although I think the idea of a three nation crew on all intl. flights is ridiculous this could have an ill effect...

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

copenhagenboy

RE: Its Almost Final...SAS Restructuring...

Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:52 am

if you don't say yes to this and that we have to cut some intercontinental routes.
That is a very commen way to press the unions. Lets see where it will all ends.
I maaybe the only optimistic idiot at SAS future  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Some of the unions have already acceptet the cuts in wages and more working time, some haven not. The problem: there are to many unions to make agreements with. So know one union are angry at the other. Silly, maybe it is just better to devide the company.?

windshear

RE: Its Almost Final...SAS Restructuring...

Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:07 am

Well that sounds great, but still...Just to threaten its inter continental fligths...

I also look optimistically at SAS's future, but I also want a future SAS that I will like...

Boaz...
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman