ushermittwoch

Connecting At SDF

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:03 am

Hi!

I wanted to ask some of the people here how it is to connect at SDF
My flight will be arriving from ATL and then I have 30 minutes to connect to my next flight going to CVG.
Will I have to run or is it just a regular brisk walk?

Thank you very much!
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

SWAFA30

RE: Connecting At SDF

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:38 am

If your flight is on time, you should have no problem. If you are connecting from one mainline DL flight to another, it will be as simple as walking the 40 or 50 yards from one gate area to another unless you happen to be connecting at adjacent gates, then it is just a few feet. If you are connecting from mainline to Comair, I believe you will just have to walk up to Gate 1 which is in another part of the airport but a 5 or 6 minute walk at the most. Don't know if you're a "spotter" or not but if so you might want to bring your camera. Depending on the time of day you could get some great shots of UPS aircraft.

ssides

Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:43 am

Just out of curiosity, what airline are you flying? Seems odd that you'd be connecting via SDF, especially if flying ATL-CVG. The only airline I'd see people connecting on in Louisville would be WN.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

meister808

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:56 am

Shouldn't be a problem... the terminal @ SDF isn't too large. I do, however, share the curiosity about what you are connecting to and from...

-Meister
Twin Cessna 812 Victor, Minneapolis Center, we observe your operation in the immediate vicinity of extreme precipitation

N79969

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:40 am

It will take you no time at all...I cannot believe that you routed through Louisville for a transfer. There are plenty of non-stops between Atlanta and Cincinatti.

VC745D

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:00 am

...I cannot believe that you routed through Louisville for a transfer. There are plenty of non-stops between Atlanta and Cincinnati.

I stopped wanting anything but a nonstop a long time ago, but there was a time I'd connect as many times as I could--i.e., many trips from MSY to ABQ on CO in the '70s, with various routings including changes at IAH and ELP, with stops in AUS, MAF; even longer ago than that, UA MSY-ATL connecting to UA ATL-CLT-GSO-EWR--for the Caravelle and the Viscount, to see as many airports as I could, to experience as many t/o's and landings a possible. In other words, I was a buff.

I assume that this is what Ushermittwoch is up to. Ushermittwoch?

usflyer msp

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:05 am

I assume you are flying Delta. They only have 3 gates, 1, 7, 9. All DL Connection flights leave from 1 and DL Mainline from 7 and 9. There is good chance you might even be on the same plane. It takes about 30 seconds to walk between the gates. You will have plenty of time to spare.

Cheers

Reggaebird

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:06 am

I will be at SDF tomorrow evening for a DL flight. Is there any chance that you are flying the same day? If so, do tell me and we can meet.

Reggaebird

ushermittwoch

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:55 pm

Hey VC!

That is exactly right. I am flying Delta and Comair. I know I should have specified that. Not only will it be my first time at SDF but also my first CRJ700 flight. So it's a double treat for LESS than the non-stop between ATL and CVG would have cost me.
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

SDFOH

Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:14 am

If you are flying into SDF on ASA you will arr at gate 5, on DL gate 9. Then it is a very long walk  Big grin to gate 1 that might put you out 5 whole minutes. One warning I do have for you is that Comair can depart as early as 10 minutes, so I wouldn't waste any time.

I have to say that the flights from SDF to CVG are to short to get a good experience on a CR7. flight time is 23 min and 89 miles. It is kinda neat since the a/c is restricted to under 10,000 ft since it is a tower to tower transfer. Don't expect any kind of service on this short of a flt.

ushermittwoch

Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:41 am

Okay, I'll take your word on that.
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I am no big fan of the CRJ usually but that sporty look of the lowered front on the CRJ700 intrigues me.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos