BDRules
Topic Author

Passengers On Cargo Planes?

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 am

I have been wondering for a while, can employees of the likes of UPS & DHL get free flights onboard the aircraft or not. I suppose after watching Castaway and having a job interview with UPS coming up soon i was just wondering

Thanks

Stu

searpqx

RE: Passengers On Cargo Planes?

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:52 am

Unless it's changed since my partner worked there, non-flying crew for UPS don't have any flight benefits. Can't speak for FedEx. Back in the 80s, Flying Tiger used to let OAL and even travel agents non-rev on their widebody flights out of Anchorage. It was a great way to get to HKG, JFK, etc.

Rgds
Duane
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

canoecarrier

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:07 am

A friend of mine flew on Gemini or Atlas from NY to AMS. She said it was a very pleasant experience. We have Polar, Atlas and Gemini crew fly us all the time, from what I hear when they occationally have someone hitch a ride, they're happy to have the company and return the favor, since they depend on passenger carriers to get to work. I don't believe that UPS and Fedex have seats available for JS unless you are a flight crew member of their company.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

FRA2DTW

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:17 am

My son, who is a widebody capt. has taken me along a few times. There are a couple of seats behind the cockpit and you look at the cargo during the flight. It's a wonderful experience. He needs the chief pilot's OK to do this.

FinnWings

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:47 pm

One of my colleagues was on board of West Air Sweden HS748 and BAe ATP several times... He just asked always few days before the departure permission from the captain.

Regards,
FinnWings

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:17 pm

Yes, passengers on the upper deck of cargo 747s.
xxx
Cargolux had 14 F class seats on upper deck of their 747-271Cs...
Seaboard World had 29 Y class seats on upper deck of their 747-245Fs...
xxx
With Cargolux, we even had a flight attendant when passengers were aboard.
Serving caviar and champagne...
xxx
Happy contrails  Smile
(s) Skipper