Qantas In-flight Music

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:17 pm

A bit of a strange request -

On Qantas flights, when you land in Australia, they play a movie with the song 'I still call Australia home" on it - with children in different places around the world.

Is it possible to get an mp3 of that track or an mpeg of the video, at all?

RE: Qantas In-flight Music

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:03 pm

It's a famous song by Peter Allen who is dead and Qantas bought the rights to it. There is a CD version of it on a 'spirit of Australia' fundraising CD release awhile back, not quite sure if you can get it anymore.
The ad campaign was soppy and patriotic...a bit too much i felt. But there is a nice feel about getting on board a Qantas flight on the way home, to hear 'gdays' and the casual friendly crew (mostly) on the way into Australia.
Long Haul is the only way to go

Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:48 pm

You can down load it from Imesh.......

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:58 pm

At one stage i downloaded it off the actual Qantas website. I think it was under "company information" or something along those lines, and was in there amoungst screen savers and wallpaper. So, have a dig, it may just still be about.

I agree with Qantasclub.... it was a bit too much over the top. I'd rather hear Frank Sinatra, or Gershwin.... and i personally consider the song is a bit of a joke considering the guy who wrote it spent most of his professional life in the USA and really didn't seem all that committed to Australia at all. One thing about Australians is they are extremely nationalistic. I guess its a product of isolation, but pull at the bleeding heart strings and they'll respond. almost xenophobic really, and it would be outright illegal in germany to take things to that extent. Still, there is a time and place for it. if you do a search for "peter allan" on kazaa you should find it if all else fails.

...... come fly with me... lets fly, lets fly away....

[Edited 2004-03-05 09:04:45]

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:48 pm

in other words, hold my hand.. Smile