trey

Pride Air?

Wed Jan 26, 2000 12:43 pm

does anyone know what Pride Air was all about?

where was it? what did it do? i believe it was Hubbed at MSY, but i have no further information than that. Any help out there?

Matt D

RE: Pride Air?

Wed Jan 26, 2000 12:48 pm

Pride Air was one of the many new upstarts during the '80's. It was formed by ex Continental employees. As far as I can tell, they were just your every day run of the mill low cost/full service scheduled airlines. They flew a fleet of 727-100's and -200's from the MSY hub to points in Florida, the Midwest and the West.
They ceased ops after only three months of service.

klwright69

RE: Pride Air?

Thu Jan 27, 2000 10:33 am

Interesting, I haven't heard of anyone mentioning them in a long time. Surprised they exist in anyone's memory. The above poster is correct on all counts. These former CO guys took their retirements accounts and life savings and used them to invest in "Pride Air." Most lost everything in their attempt to show Frank Lorenzo "a lesson." They may have thought it was worth it then, however Frank Lorenzo is LONG gone, and CO is still around and doing fine. But they lost their all seniority (and many their careers), and in addition, ruined their individual (and maybe their familys') finances. What a tragic, terrible mistake!!! They let their anger toward Lorenzo overrule any common sense, so much so that they were willing to gamble it all. I'm wondering, why do you ask? Pride Air was so brief and insignificant, it's not commonly known.

MCI Hub

Thu Jan 27, 2000 11:33 am

Some time during their 3 month history or they planned to start a MCI hub but then either changed or moved to MSY.

montenegro

I Have A Foto

Fri Jan 28, 2000 8:20 pm

I had a foto of their's B722 and I was always wondering what were they. I do really like theirs violet colors and thank you all to explane me this things.