nwa747-400

ACA Ontime Performance

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:43 pm

Just a question-

We all know ACA (Atlantic Coast Airlines/United Express and Delta Connection) has the worst ontime performance according to the DOT.

And, we all know that the UX operation at ORD is a mess for all UX carriers involved.

So, once ACA drops ORD and just focuses on IAD/Independence Air, do you think their ontime/baggage numbers improve? Does anyone know the ontime/baggage stats just for their IAD hub? (I guess that was 2 questions)  Big grin

-------------------------------------------
Northwest Airlines. Now you're flying smart.

caetravlr

RE: ACA Ontime Performance

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:49 pm

Nwa747-400,

No one can really say for sure. However, that is a pretty good question. Who knows what plans they are making. Now that they are going to be dependent on themselves for revenue, they are not going to fly planes that are 7 hours late, and leaving after the next scheduled flight to the same destination, I guarantee you. They will cancel the flight before they expend that fuel. It is going to be a totally different operation, but I am for one very doubtful that management that is used to sending planes up just because they are getting paid on a per departure basis is going to adapt very quickly to having to make smart business decisions. I could be wrong, but I am highly skeptical.

As for the stats, I don't know specifically. I just know I won't miss them flying as UAX.

Regards,
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

nwa747-400

Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:07 am

thanks- anymore thoughts.....

uadc8contrail

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:26 pm

nwa747-400,
good thread, the real question if indy has to report to the f.a.a. on o.t.?????are/will they be classified as big enough to report??? if they do then i bet they will cancel and blame it on wx or mech vs run it late and have to report it.....or better yet will they run it late and blame it on wx secondary.....
bus driver.......move that bus:)

nwa747-400

Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:39 am

They will be just as big if not bigger than they are now right?

Plus, completion factor is also published by the DOT. Sure, anyone can run an airline 90% on-time if they cancel 20% of their flights!!