Need Help With Research!

Wed Jan 26, 2000 4:26 pm

Attention all aviation buffs! I am a student at Stanford University and I am currently doing research on Loockheed. I have had trouble finding some of my data and was wondering if anyone can help. I am looking to find out what military planes Lookheed produced between 1965-1985 and where they produced these planes. I would be very grateful to anyone that may be able to help me out.

Thanks,

Rosemary Mayer

Amir

RE: Need Help With Research!

Wed Jan 26, 2000 4:37 pm

Hi Rosemary,

iam afraid i can't help. Further, i have never seen a posting concerning military
planes on this forum!

anyhow, hope someone can help

take care
Amir

Spacepope

Wed Jan 26, 2000 4:51 pm

first thing that you should do is look in a mid 80'saviation book. they'll list things like the p-2, p-3, s-3, tr-1, u-2, sr-71, etc. then research them all individually to see their build location. many aircraft in the same family will share the same factory, so that will simplify it a bit.

Pope
The last of the famous international playboys

Jubilee777

Wed Jan 26, 2000 9:44 pm

Try Janes.com
I know they have a lot of defence stuffs, but not sure about your query.
Good Luck with your research

J777

Buzz

Lockheed Data

Thu Jan 27, 2000 9:39 pm

Hi, Buzz here. 2 thoughts:
1. Try the Hiller museum at San Carlos airport. I forget what they call it now, i move out of the Bay Area 10 years ago. Somebody there might have a few more clues where to look.
2. There was a book at out local library (Vancouver Wa) called "Lockheed aircraft since 1920". I don't see it available in an aircraft books catalog.

More thoughts: You might try a web site called VPNavy.com, it's about naval patrol aircraft. Most of them were Lockheed.

Let's see, i was a crew chief at Travis AFB in the early 80's, most of the airplanes (Lockheed C-141's) i took care of had 64 to 67 (fiscal year) serial numbers. I don't know what the C-5's had.

For fun i used to crew chief a 1945 Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon, we'd fly it to local airshows. Lockheed makes a good airplane.
Good Luck! Buzz Fuselsausage: Line Mechanic by night, DC-3 crew chief by choice.

MEA-707

Thu Jan 27, 2000 9:41 pm

Apart from the types mentioned above, don't forget Lockheed built lots of C-130 Hercules' in this period
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos