huskey8

Blind Pilot

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:01 pm

Please forgive me if this has been posted before or if you have heard it before it was new to me and I wanted to share it.

The Blind Pilot

The passengers on a commercial airliner have been seated and > are awaiting the cockpit crew to get them under way. A murmur is heard in the back of the plane, and a few passengers on the aisle glance back to see the pilot and copilot, both wearing large, dark sunglasses, making their way up to the cockpit. However, the pilot is using a white cane, bumping into passengers right and left as he stumbles down the aisle, and the copilot is using a seeing-eye guide dog. As they pass by the rows of passengers there are nervous giggles heard, as people are thinking that it must be some sort of practical joke.

But a few minutes after the cockpit door has closed behind them the engines start spooling up and the airplane taxis out to the runway.

The passengers look at each other with some uneasiness, whispering among themselves and shifting uneasily or gripping the armrests more tightly. As the airplane starts accelerating rapidly, people begin panicking. Some passengers are praying, and as the plane gets closer and closer to the end of the runway, passengers become more and more hysterical!

Finally, when the airplane has less than a few seconds of runway left, the shouts of horror fill the cabin as everyone screams at once, but at the very last moment the airplane lifts off and is airborne!!!

Up in the cockpit, the copilot breathes a sigh of relief and turns to the Captain:

"You know, one of these days the passengers are going to scream too late, and we're gonna get killed!"

7574EVER

RE: Blind Pilot

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:05 pm

Wow that's kinda creepy. I think you read my mind. I've heard that joke before but couldn't remember how it went. I was just thinking about it a few minutes ago, and all of the sudden.....HERE IT IS!!
Right rudder....Right rudder...Come on, more right rudder....Right rudder......Aw forget it, I quit!!

BA747400

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:11 pm

HA HA HA! Oh its horrible but funny! Sometimes you just need to take the serious and laugh at it....otherwise we'll all go mad.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Thanks for the post,
Regards,
Mike

huskey8

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:15 pm

Thanks Guys
I was a little afraid that I was going to offend someone I'm so glad that it did what I had hoped it would do.

7574EVER

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:19 pm

Oh, don't worry about it. Post whatever is on your mind. If someone is going to get all bent out of shape over something...so be it. Just ignore them.
Right rudder....Right rudder...Come on, more right rudder....Right rudder......Aw forget it, I quit!!

BA747400

Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:25 pm

I like your thinking 7574ever.....Very mature. This is a forum.....A forum we all pay for. However, I find myself being afraid to post a new topic because of the constant fear of "flaming." Its nice to see some re-assurance that this should be, and is a fun site.

Regards,
Mike

geoffm

Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:26 pm

Have heard it before, but forgotten the punchline. Thank you for brightening up my Saturday morning!

Geoff M.

Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:36 pm

April fool's day is coming, shall I get my white cane, dark glasses out of storage...?
I pulled that one a couple of years ago...
Maybe this time I will take my dog along (named "Stupidog").
It's a Siberian husky... can fake anything if you feed him with a bone.
Stupidog is very special - he barks in Spanish with a Russian accent.
xxx
Happy contrails  Smile
(s) Skipper

dc-10 levo

Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:52 pm

Great punchline!  Big thumbs up Can you remember last April Fool's day when Johan put that fake picture on the site? It was so funny when I found out what had happened.

DC-10

Aerosvit

Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:20 am

oh geez...that's an old one  Insane
Clava Ykraini

A3204eva

Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:39 am

Very funny  Laugh out loud . Good post.
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

airkas1
Crew

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:06 am

What fake picture?

Can anyone show it?
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

FedExDC-10

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:17 am

It was a picture of solid black. LOL. They posted it as the first picture of the Aurora. I must admit, I bought it hook, line, and sinker.

FedExDC-10

northseatiger

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:22 am

V.good That would certainly get me shaking
T's And P's look good....Rotate

FlyingColours

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:26 am

I've heard that one before but it is one of the best, Thanks for posting it  Smile

Always gets a laugh that one,

Have you heard this one?

A plane was going MAN-LTN-CDG and one of the regular passengers was a blind man who always had his dog with him, well when the plane landed in Luton most of the passengers got off, except this guy. He was stumbling towards the door to walk his dog, the Captain knew him and said he would take the guys dog for a walk. Well the Captain steps off the aircraft with the seeing eye dog and sunglasses, the people in the terminal saw him and rushed to the gate agent. They were not trying to change flights but trying to change airlines !

- I know, its not as long as that but I am doing it from memory and I have altered it a bit but you should get the point.

Sorry if I bored you

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil