PlaneGuy27
Topic Author

RE: Air China Business Class?

Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:02 am

Does anyone know anything about Air China Business Class service?

I am thinking of flying them from WAS-PEK via JFK/SFO/LAX in April....

Thank you,
PlaneGuy27

MarcoPolo747

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:54 am

They are not yet up to the top Asian airlines inflight service level. I suggest, flying either NH via NRT( from IAD or JFK) , or OZ via ICN (from LAX), or SQ via SIN (from JFK) .

CX is back to PEK, that is now an alternative also, via HKG.

SQ25J

Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:06 am

I also am curious how CA C class service is between US and PEK. I was tempted to try several years ago when CA had 747-200 and 747SP from JFK. I saw their advertisements in Business Traveler Magazine and it looked decent.

Marcopolo747-I think you may be correct, although have you flown CA business class? A lot of people hear great things about major carriers such as the ones you mentioned, but sometimes they may be disappointed when they try that carrier-on the other hand I have had and heard from others great experience with lesser none carriers.

Planeguy27-I suspect you would like to try the national flag carrier and if you go with CA you may be pleasantly surprised.

legacyins

Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:41 am

I flew CA business class about two years ago from SFO-PEK. The business class section is located upstairs on the 747s. I cannot compare it to SQ or CX because CA is far from their standards. The seats are large but they are not sleepers. When the person in front of you fully reclines, you could give them a shave because they are right in your lap. The food is nothing special but it was not served in the little plastic trays. I flew the return in economy and to be truthful, found it just as good.

CA flies out of SFO five times per week. All the flights are 747-combis except for the Saturday flight which is a full passenger aircraft. I mention this because on the combi flights there are not pvt movie screens. The Saturday flights provide pvt pull out screens for each passenger. I would only fly business class if you can get a really good price.