Horus
Topic Author

Charters Between Palma De Mallorca And Cairo

Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:53 am

I have noticed there are many charter flights between Cairo, Egypt and Palma de Mallorca, Spain year round. Are these catering for Egyptian tourists visiting the island, or the Spaniards who visit Cairo. Most Egyptian charter airlines operate on the route including Air Cairo, AMC Aviation, Lotus Airline and Midwest. Do Spanish carriers fly the route too?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joan Martorell
View Large View Medium

Photo © Joan Martorell

View Large View Medium

Photo © Toni Marimon

Thanks in advance
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

behramjee

RE: Charters Between Palma De Mallorca And Cairo

Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:48 pm

Its mainly rich and middle class Arabs from CAI and neighbouring countries flying this route on the charters as SPAIN is a very popular holiday destination for Arabs especially Palma and Malaga due to its great weather all year around and excellent beaches.

KLM-MD11

Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:55 pm

I think the weather in Palma is NOT great all year round, they have winter too! Temperatures are higher in Egypt!, specially in winter.

Hard to imagine there would be enough "middle-class" Egyptians to fill seats on 4 airlines... what's the average income in Egypt???
GELUK IS GELUL MET EEN K

Horus
Topic Author

Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:01 pm

Klm-md-11

Well the average income is not that high, but the 'middle-class' are very wealthy, and make up a significant part of the population. I know there were charters between Cairo and Malaga, but wasn't too sure about flights to Palma.

I also think that Spanish tourists use this service during the winter, during Egypt's peak holiday season. They probably stay a few days in Cairo then connect with flights to Luxor, Sharm El Sheikh , Hurghada, etc.

I guess the charters are for Egyptians in the summer, and Spaniards in the winter. Do Spanish airlines also operate on the route, or do Egyptian carriers have a monopoly on the route?
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos