ruslan

How Many DL 732s In The Fleet?

Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:33 am

Hi all,
This is a question regarding Delta 737-200s. Since the inauguration of Song which has been undertaking the flights from NY to FL, some of the 732s have been incorporated into the mainline fleet. I have seen a couple of them in ATL and in MCO, but i am wondering if anyone has an exact figure as to the number of 732s in DL's fleet at the current time and to where do they operate? Last summer, I saw a 732 flight from MCO to BTR when I was considering my options..
God forbid, but are there any retirement plans on the board for these birds, in light of 738 deliveries.
Thanks a lot and any help will be appreciated,
Ruslan Smile/happy/getting dizzy

DeltaGuy

RE: How Many DL 732s In The Fleet?

Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:54 am

I *believe* there's 50 or 52 of them right now..I remember two, called the "twisted sisters" were returned to the lessors and are sitting at MHV. All are mainline now, some may still be at GYR. And no, you won't see them withdrawn in lieu of the 738....big capacity difference!

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

deltadude8

Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:55 am

As of Dec. 2003 Delta had control of 52 total 737-200's...

Of those 52, 6 are owned by Delta and 46 are leased...

Also I would not expect that just because DLX is gone to see a huge drop in 732 existance of the DL fleet. I say this because 1) The 732, though old, has fleet comonality with DL 2) DL will no doubt be holding onto airliners for the next year and not withdrawing many from service b/c DL can't replace them with anything right now.

Hope this helps

AMERICAN757

Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:58 am

Well I know they fly the MKE-MCO route only because I am booked on one on the 27th. I saw a few in line for take off while departing ORD also.