kimmykun

This Week's Obligatory 'Airline' Thread

Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:16 pm

Just because I didn't see one posted, here's this weeks obligatory 'Airline' thread. Whee.

I'm kinda changing between 'I Love the 80s: Strikes Back' on VH-1 and 'Airline,' so I'm missing a little of the episode, but what the hell's up with that racist gay guy? Geez, man, shut up. Oy.

NIKV69

RE: This Week's Obligatory 'Airline' Thread

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:10 pm

First episode was not the greatest, second was the rerun with the bees, also not up to par. Come on A&E lets crank out a good one! In the first episode the blonde who held up the plane was pretty dumb. They also played that tough gate to push back a little too much.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

freshlove1

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:25 pm

Yo that "I love the 80's strikes back" is the s**t!!!!, I have lost intrest in Airline, it seems to be the same things every week.

thomasphoto60

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:32 pm

I've seen all of the "I love the 80s" as well as the "strikes back" segment. So Airline was a must see. Sadly I have to agree it is losing a lot of it's original steam. I was switching between Airline and "Straight Plan For The Gay Man" on Comedy Central.......funny stuff.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

freshlove1

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:34 pm

You got to watch "Chapelles Show" on C/S you wont watch Airline again after seeing that show!! its to funny not to watch

NIKV69

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:39 pm

Freshlove1,

There is a much funnier show which was created by Rockville Centre's own Dave Attell!

ARRRGGGHH!!

Drunks and losers,
Dwarves with limps,
Flos and ho's and one-eyed pimps.
Down the alleyway they creep.
They're all your friends when you can't sleep.
Come with me and you will see.
A late-night-freak-show-Jubilee!
Kick the Sandman in his sack,
Stay up late - Insomniac!

That show is the best! I have to say AIRLINE is slipping a little, the new episode tonight was ok, but I am definitely seeing a pattern here with drunks and such. We need some originality!!

freshlove1

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:54 pm

Yeah thats true i forgot that show with Dave Attell, I have not caught a whole show of his yet, but it looks pretty good, maybe Airline is becomming a thing of the past, possibly it needs a new narrator....possibly....Dave Chappell.....oh that would be halarious..imagine that.....??

NIKV69

Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:57 pm

Insomniac is so funny, you got to watch it. As for Airline I am not giving up on it yet but we need some new material! We will see next week.

thomasphoto60

Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:10 pm

Both 'Daves' are great!

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

sprxflySWA

Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:57 pm

You can tell by posts, or lack thereof, that 'Airline' is falling off.
As for 'Insomniac', I love it! Just haven't seen the one from my hometown yet!  Sad

IHadAPheo

Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:33 am

I wonder what it would be like if Dave Attell and his Insomniac crew showed up on Airline?, hey they could drag Dave Chapelle along just for fun. I also wonder if they would let either of the Dave's try a push back from that oh so scary (insert scary A@E's music here) A3
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

MCOtoATL

Last Night's Episode

Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:01 am

It has become the "same old same old." The worst was the drama involving those guys looking for Eminem. I mean, c'mon! At the end, they hugged and you would have thought that someone just died (plus the sentimental, sapy music didn't help.) Like, Eminem would be fying SWA (or any airline for that matter.) And is it not unethical or unprofessional for the SWA agent to search for his name? Arguably, she knew that he wasn't there so there was no harm, but that seemed odd.

sprxflySWA

Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:10 am

MCOtoATL

I had the same thoughts on both Eminem fans and WN agent. But for me it was worse. The narrator stated they were from my home state. Oh no!!!!