Jean Leloup

Pro- Or Anti- Airport Maps/propaganda

Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:00 am

Hi guys;

I'm doing a geography project about the way maps are used to provide information about airports. In particular, I'm interested in the way groups or individuals use maps to support or oppose the construction or expansion of airports. For instance, they might show the airport area in attractive or unattractive colours, might make it seem bigger or smaller than it should actually appear, closer or further from residential areas, and so on.

Anyway, I need to find a couple of examples online. So if any of you know of websites opposing OR supporting the construction/development/expansion of an airport, please share.

Big thanks!

Jean Leloup
Next flight.... who knows.

GLA MD11

RE: Pro- Or Anti- Airport Maps/propaganda

Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:08 am

don't have a URL but there was lots of fuss in France about a potential 3rd airport aruond Paris. The discussion is now closed but you may find info on that somewhere on the web (certainly in French).
Hope that helps.

aaway

Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:51 am

Try this link:
From the volunteer-run El Toro Info Site
http://www.eltoroairport.org

Hope it helps!
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

alphascan

Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:02 am

Since you are C R E W, you know how to use the search and find threads on the LAX expansion. There was a link to a map of the project on a thread within the past few weeks.
"To he who only has a hammer in his toolbelt, every problem looks like a nail."

thegreatchecko

Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:05 am

Here's the website for the St. Louis Lambert Airport Expansion:

http://www.lambert-pmo.org

I'm still looking for the maps I saw a few months ago for MIA and FLL.

GreatChecko
"A pilot's plane she is. She will love you if you deserve it, and try to kill you if you don't...She is the Mighty Q400"

aaway

Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:08 am

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard