sfointern

CNN - Round The World In Coach

Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:39 am

This is the last entry in the reporter's journal:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/03/08/quest.diary/index.htm

Overall, it's a fun article, a good read. I'm particularly annoyed with one paragraph however. He's talking about his SFO-LHR journey...
"The check in was painful. The flight was late. The plane was full. SFO is an domestic airport with international aspirations. With 10 hours flying It had all the hallmarks of a very nasty experience waiting to happen."

WHAT THE HELL? SFO is an international airport in every sense of the word. It serves a very cosmopolitan area of the world. It's got jumbo jets from a plethora of international carriers flying in and out. It's got direct flights to all regions of the world. A major international carrier (United) is hubbed there. Hell, it's got a brand, spankin' new INTERNATIONAL terminal. Hell, it's even (almost) ready for the A380! Plus, Mr. CNN Reporter, since when do you precede "domestic" with "an." Didn't you pay attention in grammar class?

Pfft. Don't diss my home airport, biotch.

StevenUhl777

RE: CNN - Round The World In Coach

Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:46 am

I read the article and enjoyed, right up to the comment on SFO...

Yes, SFO isn't an LHR or JFK, but it's pretty damn close...I think the guy was having a bad day/experience at SFO and needed to vent. That's the only explanation I can come up with!  Nuts
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

targowski

Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:57 am

dont knock richard quest. he is a hilarious guy, always fun to watch him on cnn. how would you feel about ANY airport after flying 3/4 of the way around the globe?

ltbewr

Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:48 pm

How many of us would want to do this kind of trip, especially with someone else paying for it and doing it as a job assignment! I read the whole article, and I agree that he bad mouthed SFO, but I guess he was not in a good mood and severly jet lagged. He is a real character, is a major reporter for CNN-Intl. based in UK and sometimes appears on CNN, including 1-2 times a month on a Friday on the American Morning progam jousting verbally with Jack Cafferty, presenting wacky stories from the UK/Europe.

sfointern

Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:41 pm

I'm not knocking Richard Quest. I just think SFO is a premier international airport. Hell, it's better organized that frickin' JFK.