MileHighClub

Variances In Airfares

Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:18 pm

Flew in to JFK on CX First Class (which I must say is fantastic!) last week from HKG.

Pre-boarding in the lounge, I was speaking to an elderly couple who were also flying first class to NY on the same flight to join a cruise. We got talking about how this was their first time on First Class and how they got a grrreeeaattt deal on their tickets.

I asked them what they paid each for HKG-JFK-HKG on CX First Class and they said HK$87,000 each (US$11,000 each!).

I then told them that I bought a BKK-HKG-JFK-HKG-BKK First Class ticket on CX for HK$34,800 (US$4,400).

I thought their pacemakers were about to explode! The elderly man was shocked at the price difference.

Ever been in a situation when you know someone on the same plane who's paid an arm and a leg to be there....and then rub it in his/her face?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos