Skyguy
Topic Author

Ever Had A Pax Snoring Loudly On Your Flight?

Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:07 pm

Has anyone been on a flight where there was a passenger snoring way to loudly? If so, did anyone of FA's try and do something about it?
I once had a large man sit on the aisle seat while I was in the middle row in B class LH JFK-FRA, this guy snored so loudly that even folks in Y clould hear him. FA's politely woke him up several times but poor fellow could not help it.
Needless to say, it was a night flight and I barely got any sleep.
"Those who talk, do not know, and those who know, do not talk."

QIguy24

RE: Ever Had A Pax Snoring Loudly On Your Flight?

Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:11 pm

I know that I snore a little when I sleep. And I know how it is for this poor guy sleeping. It's not funny and I feel sorry for the other passengers, so when I fly transatlantic, I never sleep because I want to respect my fellow passengers. And also it's a little bit embarrassing as well.  Sad

B727-200

Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:56 pm

Yes I have, and it was me  Laugh out loud

It does get quite annoying though - I woke myself up with an almighty snort about three times on a recent MEL-PER flight.

B727-200.

BO__einG

Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:59 pm

When I encounter a man snoring loudly in flight. I will either throw a pillow at him or take of sock off, roll it into a ball and stuff it in his mouth.

That'll quiet him down!
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

QIguy24

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:20 pm

When I encounter a man snoring loudly in flight. I will either throw a pillow at him or take of sock off, roll it into a ball and stuff it in his mouth.

That'll quiet him down!

Haha!!! *lol* Im sure that will shut him up or in worst cases maybe kill the poor guy. hehe

ted747

RE: Ever Had A Pax Fart Repeatedly

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:35 pm

My wife was flying frist class on BA from Singapore to Heathrow overnight and one guy in his sleeper suite kept on farting all night - the cabin crew came through spraying air freshener all over the joint! GROSS!!

B6FA4ever

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:40 pm

i was working a red-eye from LGB-IAD and i actually had a really nice lady give me a note to share w/ the other flight attendants saying that if she falls asleep and starts snoring to make sure we wake her up. i actually took it very hilarious as i have never had a passenger tell me to wake them up if they start snoring. i wish every person would do that.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

~B6FA4ever

QIguy24

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:47 pm

B6FA4ever

Hey cool!! Which airline do you work for? I should fly you next time then.

Snoopy

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:52 pm

I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone on a.net complaining about me yet. But I haven't been on those flights, so I guess my co-travelers are all suffering in silence. Yes, I snore, and I snore loudly (so my wife tells me). In fact, it has happened that I have snored so loudly as to wake myself up! But, there is nothing I can do about it. I don't sleep that much on planes, but when I do it is because I am really tired and generally the more tired I am the louder I snore.

So, here and now, and most officially, I offer my apologies to all those that surround me. If I am your neighbour on our next flight (and it will be in C or F...I never fly Y...so all you economy travelers can sigh with relief), don't yell at me. Just nudge me gently and tell me I am snoring loudly. I will be embarrassed, but I will appreciate the fact that you weren't yelling and that you were discreet. I will probably get out a book or watch a movie. Thanks in advance.

And BO_einG...try that with me and you will probably find your sock where the sun don't shine  Smile