qm001

In The Middle Of Nowhere For No Reason!

Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:44 am

Has anyone ever been held (Detained/Arresyted) in some god awful place and then the authorities realised there mistake.

I was held in a Jail cell at HRE for 4 hours on suspicion of having a fake passport, only to have the authorities release me after contacting the local consulate! What a frightening experience.

Anyone have anything similar!
I wish there was still a flying boat service on the African Lakes!

RonE

RE: In The Middle Of Nowhere For No Reason!

Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:58 am

Nothing even close! I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.
The closest I came was when I went to Indonesia in 1997 (one year before the riots). As you know, there are no diplomatic ties between Israel and Indonesia, and although I entered with a European passport, it still says Tel-Aviv is my place of birth. I thought they might say something at immigration but they waived me right through.

m404

Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:13 pm

In 1960 I was "detained" in a shack at Siem Reap Cambodia airport by AK47 toting guards because I dared to take a picture of a termite mound with a Royal Air Cambodge DC3 in the background. My film was confiscated and exposed and all the time no English was spoken. That will shake up a 16 yr old.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

flyboy36y

Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:57 pm

I was detained by gun toting brutes at KISP untill the prosecutor said that he can't think of anything illeagal about taking a picture of a sign that says "WELCOME TO ISLIP AIRPORT"