vulindlela744

What's You Favorite Int'l Airline And Why?

Fri Jan 28, 2000 3:39 pm

I've had the chance to fly many Int'l airlines over the years. The one that stands out in my mind the most was Cathay Pacific when I flew to Hong Kong. I always hear raves for Singamore but haven't had the chance to fly them. Other notables were SAS, South African Airways and Virgin Atlantic. British Airways is way overated in my opinion.

RE: What's You Favorite Int'l Airline And Why?

Fri Jan 28, 2000 3:59 pm

I agree with you too. I love Cathay Pacific! I also flew with them into Hong Kong (Kai Tak) in their A330's. They were brand spankin' new too. PTV's and everything. Great service. The Flight attendants were really nice. The pilot's also let me have a flight deck visit where I got to stay for the famous Runway 13 approach.

Out of all these other International Airlines I have flew with, Cathay Pacific ranked number 1.
Air China
Asiana
Vietnam Airlines
China Southern
British Airways

Asiana would be number 2. They have good service.

I wish I could've flew on Cathay Pacific on all my flights coming back to the U.S. Then I could've experienced their excellent service.
The A330 flight w/ Cathay only last 3 hours 30 minutes but it was great while it lasted.....

-WiL SW737

Fri Jan 28, 2000 4:08 pm

I have flight several airlines and I like that SAS is top. F/A service is friendly, meals are very tasty and I like SAS style to take care special diet. And safety-reasons ( too large hand-baggages are usually DENIED ), which is excellent !!
Another notepable airline is JAL.

Fri Jan 28, 2000 4:09 pm

United is my favorite for 1 simple answer. Impeccable Safety. No other airline has spent so much time and money to ensure their passenger's and employee's safety. Service is Good, Obviously UAL domestic doesn't compare to KLM international, but folks, don't compare apples to oranges. Compare apples to apples - domestic to domestic - international to international. And, as with any airline, if the flight attendant has had a bad day, it will probably show. With a seasoned, mature FA, he/she will seperate his/her personal life from his/her work. That is how it should be but frankly folks, we're all human and we all max out at some point.
I am in no way racist, but I will aggree that people of Oriental heritage generally give above and beyond service. They are to be admired.
Lastly, how do you think an airline can be over 50 years old, the largest in the world, owned by the employees, and making over 10 billion a year (stocks+investments included) and not be the very best? Think about it. You may disagree with me, but frankly, you are in the minority. If I were wrong, United would not have the highest percentage of full fare paying passengers, nor would it be making 9 times the amount of money its closest competetors Delta and American make.

UAL is in a league of its own!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos