KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Questions About ZED Tickets

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:19 am

Hi all. I just became eligible to buy ZED tickets. When travelling ZED, what kind of priority do you have over say, ID90? Is the ZED fully interchangeable? (i.e. I want EWR-CPH on SK, which is full. Can I use it EWR-FRA on LH?) I have heard they are. Is there a different fare for Biz and Coach?

Going from MSP (I can always get to the east coast using passes) to OSL, which airline should I choose, since the price is the same. Looking for on board comfort, chances of getting Biz, chances of getting on at all...

Thanks.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

B747-437B

RE: Questions About ZED Tickets

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:30 am

a) Your priority is determined by the transporting airline. It varies as per their internal policy.

b) The ZED agreement mandates intechangability across carriers over the same ticketed points (including co-terminals). So if you had EWR-FRA ticketed on CO and chose to do JFK-FRA on LH instead, it would be valid assuming that both CO/LH are ZED partners of your airline at the same ZED level. However, there is no obligation to accept a ZED issued over different points, even if the ZED fare is the same. That said, many airlines will accept the coupon anyway if the fare is comparable.

c) ZED travel is technically only for travel in Y class. However airlines can and do upgrade to premium cabins based on their internal policies. The normal ZED fare applies (no surcharge).

[Edited 2004-03-15 01:33:15]
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

Whiteguy

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:55 am

Just some additions to what B747-437B said. I would make sure with the specific airlines what their policies are. I know for a fact that UA will only take Zeds specific the route printed on the ticket. UA would not take a LAX-HNL ticket on a SFO-HNL flight even though they are the same price. Mexicana is pretty good. With them I had a zed fare from CUN-MIA and for $10 more they printed me a ticket from CUN-LAX. So it all depends on the airline. Happy travelling!!

KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:12 am

While looking on gozed.com, AI popped up as an option for EWR-CPH. Can I actually fly AI on this route? Without going to India?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

B747-437B

Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:14 am

You can fly AI on EWR-CDG (daily 744), but you're on your own for CDG-CPH.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

AirframeAS

Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:19 pm

I have non-revved countless times but I have to ask, what in the heck is a ZED tix and how does it work? Ive never asked for a ZED tix....is this for flying internationally?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

B747-437B

Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:28 pm

what in the heck is a ZED tix and how does it work?

Check this thread out for more info about ZED.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1371654/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos