MAH4546
Topic Author

AS Suspends LAX-YYC

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:19 am

Alaska Airlines will suspend non-stop Los Angeles-Calgary service between 6 June 2004 and 30 October 2004.

Alaska Airlines operates a daily 737-400 on the route. The non-stop service will be suspended, but the flight remains. Between 6 June 2004 and 30 October 2004, the flight, same flight number and all, will make a stop in Seattle. This will mean mainline service on SEA-YYC, taking the place of one of four daily DH4 flights operated by Horizon Air.

Schedule effective 6 June through 30 October:

AS 698 YYC 0630-0700 SEA 0800-1042 734 Daily
AS 699 LAX 1743-2013 SEA 2048-2308 734 Daily

Non-stops resume after that.
a.

yyz717

RE: AS Suspends LAX-YYC

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:18 am

This is an oppy for Westjet to launch YYC-LAX and grab the nonstop traffic. LAX is on the WS plan for fall 2004.

I predict 3 daily WS to LAX initially: LAX-YYC/YVR/YYZ.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

sebwhite

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:23 am

Don't forget, AC already flies YYC-LAX 2x daily, so AS had competition...but it doesn't on SEA-YYC.

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:27 am

AC already flies YYC-LAX 2x daily,

Westjet will eat AC alive on this route.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

VonRichtofen

Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:31 am

HP is starting YYC-LAX non-stop this summer.
And yes WJ would slaughter AC on this route. I thought AS was doing rather well, planes were full but perhaps the yields weren't high enough.

Also I believe AC may have bumped it up to 3x daily, because on my way home from my trip the check in agent couldn't find my flight. There was a noonish one, and an evening one. Mine was for 10:20am. She talked to her supervisor and he said it's an additional flight. Not sure how permanent it is/was though.

Kris

yvr1968

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:02 am

Actually HP is not starting YYC-LAX this summer.

HP is launching YEG-LAX and YVR-LAX.

The Los Angeles - Calgary mentioned on their route map is a typo.
It should read Los Angeles - Edmonton.

AS just never got a foothold on that route. AS has a much bigger network out of Seattle anyway for connections all up and down the west coast.

It is surprising that airlines are actually removing capacity to the U.S. from YYC rather than adding.

VonRichtofen

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:06 am

You're right, it is a typo. They are starting YYC-LAS though  Smile

Even more reason for WJ to hop in this route.

scottysair

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:21 am

How did you hear about Alaska did suspended service from LAX-YYC for this summer and will able resume with these flight again to YYC.

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:45 am

WestJet must also consider the Montreal-Los Angeles route.

According to 2001 numbers between Canada-USA O&D travel, the Calgary/Montreal-Los Angeles route pairing is about 150,000 pax per year.

Given that YYZ has 5 daily AC + 2 daily AA, and that YUL will have only 2 daily AC (1 in the winter) w/ no competition, this will be a good route from YUL as well.

From my experiences at NW/CO, 18% of all eastern canada sales were directed to LAX. People chose NW due to the low-fares to LAX (as much as 350-400 return from both YUL and YYZ)... and AC offers $700-750 roundtrip.

YYC/YYZ/YVR/YUL all prime candidates, as well as Florida I gather.

Mark

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:58 pm

WestJet must also consider the Montreal-Los Angeles route.

This route has much less potential for WJ than LAX-YVR/YYC/YYZ. YYZ & YVR are the lrgest LAX markets in Canada. YYC is WJ's base where a 73G can more easily be sked to LAX v.v. and easily returned to the WJ network.

Also, the lower YUL pci and poorer economic growth will auger against YUL-LAX and in favour of YYZ/YYC/YVR. I know this is repetitive but it's relevant.

WJ could operate some routes with less than daily ops which would make LAX-YEG/YWG/YUL possibles wth say 2-3/week each.

greaser

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:03 pm

Hopefully in time WJ can become (if it not already is) the Canadian version of Southwest.
Now all that's left is a 737 ops in South America, then the Americas will be ruled by the 737!.
Now you're really flying

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:08 pm

Neil you dont have a clue what your talking about.

The stats show that the Montreal-Los Angeles city pair is something like 150,000 pax per year. Which is double Montreal-Halifax/Winnipeg and triple Montreal-Moncton, and larger than Montreal-Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Chicago..

But your speaking without knowing, which is par for the course these days.

Mark

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:14 pm

Neil you dont have a clue what your talking about. The stats show that the Montreal-Los Angeles city pair is something like 150,000 pax per year.

I know far more than a teenage "expert" yet to join the workforce (since you're getting personal Mark). The Stats Can numbers are fairly meaningless. They do not provide any insight into market elasticity, growth opportunities, per capita income, etc.

YYZ, YYC and YVR all maintain MORE nonstops to LAX than YUL with Alaska, Air Canada, & American. Hence, these 3 markets are the largest LAX markets in Canada and represent the LARGEST market opportunities with WJ to LAX.

yegbey01

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:26 pm

Yyz717,

How exactly is WJ supposed to eat AC on this route....

West Jet can not provide any connections out of the thir larget airport airport in the US.......

Do you know how many connecting passengers connect to LA through YYC from both FRA and LHR.

ALso do you know how many passengers connect in LAX to SYD, AKL, HNL.....and to cities within Calif....

Don't make these bold statements please.....

yegbey01

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:31 pm

WestJet should probably choose to fly to ONT, SNA. Why would they want to fly to LAX and pay more if they can only cater to the O&D market??

I suspect HP will jump in and start YYC-LAX. They have their eyes on Western Canada. And then could do well using a CRJ900.

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:38 pm

How exactly is WJ supposed to eat AC on this route....

West Jet can not provide any connections out of the thir larget airport airport in the US.......

YYC-LAX is overwhelmingly an O+D market. Anyway, WJ can feed YYC with far more passengers than AC from throughout Western Canada.

Do you know how many connecting passengers connect to LA through YYC from both FRA and LHR.

Very few I would imagine. AA/BA/UA operate 5 dailies on LHR-LAX. Why fly on AC thru YYC????????

CanadaEH

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:44 pm

Could be Ontario, Long Beach, Orange County, or LAX

An announcement should be out in a month or so.
EH.

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:49 pm

"I know far more than a teenage "expert" yet to join the workforce (since you're getting personal Mark). The Stats Can numbers are fairly meaningless. They do not provide any insight into market elasticity, growth opportunities, per capita income, etc.

YYZ, YYC and YVR all maintain MORE nonstops to LAX than YUL with Alaska, Air Canada, & American. Hence, these 3 markets are the largest LAX markets in Canada and represent the LARGEST market opportunities with WJ to LAX."

-This teenage expert will challenge you, and yes we are getting personal when you use rhetoric over common sense. Also 2 years at NW/CO and analyzing trends make me qualified to know what is and what is not popular from YUL.. but thanks anyway.

So consider this, a market of 162,500 travellers in 2001 per stat can, where only 57% of the market travelled non-stop (as per 51-205 statcan). The only market of 100,000 passengers or more from YUL without direct competition. Now tell me where I have gone wrong? YYC/YYZ/YVR all have competition on this route. Furthermore, since open skies, this route pairing has jumped some 45%.

Lastly Neil, you made the same argument against my case for WestJet on YUL-YVR and YUL-YYC. And now look at both.....

Mark

UwoAviation

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:53 pm

Also, the lower YUL pci and poorer economic growth will auger against YUL-LAX and in favour of YYZ/YYC/YVR. I know this is repetitive but it's relevant.

This shows that Yyz717 has no idea what he is talking about. Quebec cities have been outperforming the rest of Canada for a number of years now. I take the YUL-LAX direct AC route a number of times during the year and its always very full.

I bet Yyz717 thinks the leafs will win the cup also Big grin

Josh

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:58 pm

"I bet Yyz717 thinks the leafs will win the cup also"

-LOL.... 1967 thats all I have got to say.

What YYZ717 does not know is that there is more demand for YUL-LAX than YUL-FLL, where TS/SG/AC/and soon WS compete.. and methinks the yield is substantially higher as well, given that a significant portion of our elite travel at NW is LAX destined,

Mark

wjv04

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:59 pm

Wow, big hit on Calgary. Especially where I work, we do the ground handling for AS and QX. Had no idea QX was doing that bad here. The real news isn't AS dropping direct to lax, its QX pulling out all together.

WestJet will do well on this route, however Air Canada has the codeshare's that WestJet will never have. LAX Is more of a gateway out of Calgary. Id be willing to bet that 60-70% of people going to LAX on Air Canada, connect to other flights and that 50% of those connecting passengers go on via star alliance. Funny how in just the last couple of months YYC-LAX has become a route of interest with airlines.

Id be interested in AS thoughts on WJ to LAX, and if this has affected there choice to drop YYC-LAX. Perhaps they think the market will be flooded?

Also lets not forget that this is only effective till 30 October 2003 and does not begin untill 06 June

UwoAviation

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:04 pm

Mark,

I must agree with you with the little personal experience that I have. I was in California, SNA , and some friends met me there. All took NW flights through Detroit except for one who took the 797/798 AC direct flight combo.

You say that the YUL-LAX traffic is heavier than YUL-FLL? Even though Florida has its own line at YUL check-in?  Smile

Josh

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Yes.. YUL-FLL is very seasonal. Its almost non-existant in the summer.

So from Nov to Apr you get heavy traffic. In any event, YUL/YMX-FLL is under 100,000 pax.. just under though.

At NW/CO, our biggest destinations were LAX/SFO/SEA for sure. The yield management guys always said that NW has something like 18-20% of the YUL-LAX market, and most of the time you see people with crazy expedia fares like $400 return tx in.... which is a sign for WestJet to come along and kick some arse. I have every confidence that this route will work, especially if they can somehow make YUL-Moncton work  Big thumbs up

Mark

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:20 pm

Quebec cities have been outperforming the rest of Canada for a number of years now.

Not in terms of economic growth, nor in terms of passenger growth.

I take the YUL-LAX direct AC route a number of times during the year and its always very full.

Your anecdotal experience is nice, but irrelevant.

The yield management guys always said that NW has something like 18-20% of the YUL-LAX market,

This stat is meaningless to show that WJ will jump into YUL-LAX before YYZ/YYC/YVR-LAX. No doubt many YYZ/YWG NW passengers are also LAX bound, perhaps more than YUL. Perhaps many DL customer on YYC-SLC are LAX bound. NO doubt many AA/UA/NW/DL/US/CO passengers from YYZ are also LAX bound thru US hubs.

The airlines themselves have spoken about LAX oppy's from Canada....and they rank YYZ, YVR and YYC as the top 3. YUL is a distant 4th.

yegbey01

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:24 pm

Yyz717,

There's a SIGNIFICANT number of passnegers that come from LHR and FRA that use the YYC flights to SFO and LAX.

I used to do consulting work in Alberta and we used to obtain these numbers.

Also, Air Canada is well established in the LAX market and has been there for years.....Are you suggesting that travel agents in the LA market will all of sudden stop seling AC tickets in favour of WestJet.

What about United....Are they going to code share with WestJet.....

Every statement you make about WestJet is very unrealistic

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:25 pm

YUL is the only out of YYZ/YVR to grow for 2003.

"This stat is meaningless to show that WJ will jump into YUL-LAX before YYZ/YYC/YVR-LAX. No doubt many YYZ/YWG NW passengers are also LAX bound, perhaps more than YUL. Perhaps many DL customer on YYC-SLC are LAX bound. NO doubt many AA/UA/NW/DL/US/CO passengers from YYZ are also LAX bound thru US hubs."

-THERE ARE 162,000 PAX GOING FROM YUL TO LAX... with AC/UA/AA/DL/CO nuff said.

"The airlines themselves have spoken about LAX oppy's from Canada....and they rank YYZ, YVR and YYC as the top 3. YUL is a distant 4th."

-Says who? you.... thats what I thought.

Mark

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:37 pm

Also, Air Canada is well established in the LAX market and has been there for years.....Are you suggesting that travel agents in the LA market will all of sudden stop seling AC tickets in favour of WestJet.

Travel agents? In California? It's all internet now baby.

Also, Air Canada is well established in the LAX market and has been there for years.....

AC was well established in all 30+ Westjet markets until WJ came along. Now AC is in retreat. Why would AC be competitive with WJ in LAX when they cant be competitive against WJ in Canada?

The airlines themselves have spoken about LAX oppy's from Canada....and they rank YYZ, YVR and YYC as the top 3. YUL is a distant 4th."

-Says who? you.... thats what I thought.

No Mark. Based on the # of nonstop flights.

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:41 pm

So now YYC has more nonstop flights than Montreal combined? Whats next up your tree Neil?

Mark

yegbey01

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:43 pm

Yyz717,

Buddy.... It's about awareness!

the number of people that book tickets on their own on the Internet is still small relative to the overall picture.

Travel agents book tickets on the Internet for their clients too.

You just don't get the point.

West Jet can do well on the LAX market... But they can't eat AC alive.

They can't match AC's shcedules out of YVR to LAX. With the ERJ's coming to AC... You know that Air Canada will have so much flexibility to serve LAX from YWG, YEG, YXE if they wish.....

flyyul

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:48 pm

"West Jet can do well on the LAX market... But they can't eat AC alive"

-YEGBEY, I disagree man.. let me tell you why.

Air Canada's main $$$ are from origin and destination traffic. If WS offers better fares than AC on these routes, then there is not a hope in hell that AC can win.

WestJet can probably make profit on a $400-500 roundtrip from YYZ-YUL to LAX, while AC most decidly cant.

Mark

yyz717

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:52 pm

They can't match AC's shcedules out of YVR to LAX.

WJ could quickly build to this level.

the number of people that book tickets on their own on the Internet is still small relative to the overall picture. Travel agents book tickets on the Internet for their clients too.

Whatever. WJ has been immensely successful in Canada. There is no reason why the same formula will not work in the US.

With the ERJ's coming to AC... You know that Air Canada will have so much flexibility to serve LAX from YWG, YEG, YXE if they wish.....

True, but their unit costs will be very high. I dont see AC offering lower fares on an EMB-190 than WJ on a 73G and making money,

searpqx

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:11 pm

If we can return to talking about the two cities this thread is actually about. . . Wink/being sarcastic

Wjvo4, AS isn't dropping service to YYC, nor is QX pulling out. The YYC market is, to an extent, a seasonal one, and AS/QX are just adjusting capacity to better match the demand. During the summer, the QX SEA-YYC flights are packed, with Fri and Sun load factors frequently running in the high 90s. The extra capacity offered by replacing one Q400 with a 734 will be welcome. On the other hand, the n/s LAX-YYC service is a favorite w/ skiers and winter sports folks - who are notably absent between June and October.

So the 734 is routed from LAX to SEA to YYC, providing extra summer lift in two markets that can use it, and a DH4 is freed up for a run (perhaps to YEG?) that also sees higher loads in the summer.

As for the other points raised in this thread - I leave it to the battling Canucks to handle.

Rgds
Duane
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

EA CO AS

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:49 am

Here's the press release, showing DIRECT service for the summer instead of nonstop, with an actual increase in service to YYC:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 15, 2004

ALASKA AIRLINES AND HORIZON AIR ADJUST CALGARY
SCHEDULES TO ACCOMMODATE SUMMER-TIME DEMAND

SEATTLE - Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air today announced plans to adjust their Seattle-Calgary and Calgary-Los Angeles flight schedules for the summer to better accommodate seasonal changes in passenger demand.

June 6, Alaska will replace its current Los Angeles-Calgary nonstop flight with same-plane, one-stop service through Seattle. On the same day, Horizon will reduce its Seattle-Calgary schedule from four daily nonstop flights to three.

With Alaska’s larger aircraft, the net result will be a 24 percent increase in capacity in the Seattle-Calgary market.
Capacity between Calgary and Los Angeles remains unchanged, but with more opportunities to connect to Alaska and Horizon’s vast network of flights in Seattle.

“There is a need for additional capacity in the Calgary-Seattle market in the summer due to an influx of travelers making connections in the Pacific Northwest for travel to Canada,” says Don Garvett, vice president of planning & revenue management for Alaska Airlines. “Additionally, the demand for nonstop service into Los Angeles isn’t as great as it is in the winter when residents of Calgary are taking holidays to warmer climes in Southern California and Mexico.”

Alaska plans to resume nonstop service between Calgary and Los Angeles on October 30, at which time Horizon Air will resume operating the fourth Calgary-Seattle flight.

Alaska’s Calgary-Seattle-Los Angeles flight will depart Calgary at 6:30 a.m., arriving in Seattle at 7:00 a.m., departing again at 8:00 a.m. to arrive at Los Angeles International (LAX) at 10:42 a.m. Returning, the flight will depart LAX at 5:43 p.m., stopping in Seattle at 8:13 p.m., departing at 8:48 p.m. and arriving into Calgary at 11:08 p.m.

Alaska and Horizon Air together serve 80 cities in Canada, the U.S and Mexico. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom on the Internet at http://newsroom.alaskaair.com.
# # #

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

yvr1968

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:53 am

Exactly Duane

Overall, AS/QX is reducing its YYC capacity (overall loss is 1 x daily DH4) to adjust to the summer travel trends.

Other YYC summer 2003 - 2004 changes / adjustments:

UA 3 x daily mainline to DEN - down to 2 x daily mainline and 1 x daily express CRJ

UA 3 x daily ORD - 2 x daily being replaced by AC (which is a reinstatement of this route for AC)

AA 3 x daily DFW down to 2 x daily

AC 3 x daily LAX down to 2 x daily

AC* 2 x daily GEG - route suspended

NW 3 x daily MSP (last summer mix 320 / 319) (this summer all 319)

AC 1 x daily SFO up to 2 x daily (an actual increase in capacity!)

HP 1 x daily mainline + 1 x daily express down to 2 x daily express

HP new daily AS / KLAS), USA - Nevada">LAS (another increase!)

scottysair

Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:57 am

Thanks for showing me with press releases from Alaska Airlines. It would able began from YYC-SEA-LAX will able same plane. What are you think else was going on lately with AS?

sebwhite

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:10 am

You're forgetting daily service on NW DTW-YYC on A319.

scottysair

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:18 am

Yes, that is correct for NW to DTW already. Also, it is already service from SLC-YYC flight with DL.

yvr1968

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:18 am

The NW YYC-DTW service is the same as last year - no changes.

I was only highlighting the changes from summer 2003/2004.

yhu

Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:06 am

For the whole YVR/YUL thing, it also has to do with location. YVR obviously has more flights to LAX than YUL does, in the same way YUL has way more flights to the NYC area than YVR or YYC do. The Western location of YVR and YYC makes them an obvious 1st (or second and third) choice for WS flights to LAX. If and when WS starts flights to the NYC area, I would bet that YYZ will be first on the list and perhaps YUL second or third.

I am sure that WS does their research, and if there is a market for them on YUL-LAX, they will take a serious look at starting the route. Just because YVR, YYC and YYZ will be first, doesn't mean that YUL will never get the route.

Dave

rindt

Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:31 am

I think all it would take is ElAl to introduce TLV-YUL-LAX service to meet the demands of this route.

In other news, do we really care what service YUL does or doesn't get? Not really... why don't you wait until WestJet actually makes a formal announcement before getting your knickers in a twist.

As for YYC - just another laugh. Must be the only airport in Canada that gets reduced service in the summer. Priceless.

-Rob
What other people think of you is none of your business!

flyyul

Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:05 pm

Rindt,

I wont break down crying because "nobody pays attention to me" if El Al wont do YUL-LAX  Big thumbs up again, the funniest thing ive ever heard.

You definitely think your way too cool .. mr.hardcore spotters/a.net screener..

Mark

rindt

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:02 pm

Tell me Mark (and the rest of a.net, because we're all DYING to know) - what useful purpose do you serve this website? Do tell... do tell...

You don't take pictures and you don't volunteer for this site in one way, shape, or form. Instead, you make useless whinings about "why Montreal should be No.1" that everyone here has heard about a million times. So, perhaps you should use your time more wisely, and make correct posts about things you actually KNOW about. That would be a groundbreaking concept for you, I know.

And for today's English lesson - it is not YOUR. You and 'are' make YOU'RE. Not YOUR. But I guess you were in such a rush to try to insult me, that that one just got away from you.

-Rob

flyyul

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:19 pm

Rob.

So because I dont take pictures im not good for this website?

I have airline experience (something you dont have) and have lots of knowledge about the world of scheduling/etc. Next year ill be studying aviation management, while you will be taking pictures  Big thumbs up

And if im so annoying, then my respect rating would be lower than yours  Big grin .. go find attention somewhere else.

peace.

yyz717

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:29 pm

I have airline experience (something you dont have)

You were a junior check-in clerk Mark. Hardly the holy grail.

have lots of knowledge about the world of scheduling/etc.

You and all 10,000 other aneters. Big deal.

Next year ill be studying aviation management,

Yawn. Really? Wake us up when you join the working world Mark. Airlines are not hiring and the pay is poor for HQ jobs....you need to focus on better industries. Even MBA's from Concordia's useless aviation MBA program can't get jobs in aviation. Undergrad av programs in "airline mgmt" are a complete sheer utter waste of time.

flyyul

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:32 pm

Neil... dont discount the amount of experiecne you gain by working in the front-line of an airline. Youve never had that experience, and should be the last to comment on such.

And lastly, who the hell are you to tell me what to study or not? If I want to do aviation, then so be it.

As an aside, I guess guys like Captaingomes, VonRichtofen, YYZ717 are so useless to this site BECAUSE THEY DONT POST PICTURES  Big thumbs up

Neil... your useless  Big grin

[Edited 2004-03-17 07:34:14]

yyz717

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:39 pm

who the hell are you to tell me what to study or not? If I want to do aviation, then so be it.

Just giving worthwhile advice from the Director level. Take it or leave it. Something tells me you've never taken much advice from anyone anyway.

Anyway, "airline management" is as useful a tool to study as witchcraft or basket weaving.

Any airlines that are hiring often look for "other industry" experience which means non-airline expertise is as important as airline expertise. Multiple industry experience is of more value to airlines than a very narrow focus on airline mgmt.

A junior analyst job at an airline will require a minimum MBA degree, and lots of luck beating out the other candidates. Being a spotter will not help your resume one iota.

[Edited 2004-03-17 07:44:04]

[Edited 2004-03-17 07:44:37]

flyyul

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:46 pm

Dear Neilly.

Im getting advise from several senior directors at Air Canada for your information, so thank you anyway.

I realize that an aviation management degree will not do much, but I intend to get by BCom from McGill as soon as I get my stuff from Embry  Big grin

Mark

yyz717

Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Im getting advise from several senior directors at Air Canada for your information, so thank you anyway.

Advice from former government bureaucrats at a now bankrupt company. I see. Very worthwhile. If you spoke to successful airline directors, they would tell you to avoid aviation and not focus on any industry at this early age. Don't take advice from AC directors...they really don't live in the real world.

I realize that an aviation management degree will not do much, but I intend to get by BCom from McGill

That's a start. Engineering or a science degree would look better than business. There is nothing conceptually challenging about a BComm.

rindt

Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:25 pm

I would stop everything right here, and right now Mark... if only you could prove that you ARE able to do just ONE thing for this website - something useful. But without a shadow of a doubt, you've made it painfully obvious that that is all but impossible.

This thread topic was initially about YYC losing direct service to LAX by Alaska. Somehow, it turned into a "why Montreal will get WestJet's YUL-LAX service first" thread, and gee... we all wonder HOW on earth that happened  Insane

If you wanted to self-gloss about Montreal (for the 9,999,999th time), start a new thread about it.

In the meantime, grow-up.

-Rob

flyyul

Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:44 pm

So what about WestJet?

/filler/

[Edited 2004-03-17 08:45:39]