NYC Spotting Locations

Sat Jan 29, 2000 5:35 am

I know we are all great lovers of aviation, some of us are great pilots also. I found the ultimate spot for plane spotting. Queens, NY. College of Aeronautics. Right next to it is a park called Plane View, bring chairs, because there are no benches. Witness the wake turbulence rolling off a Delta L-1011 on Final to Runway 4. Laguardia is the best for spotting. If you can't take the cold, you could always go into the College, they have a tower that goes 30 feet into the air, where you can look and see R-4-22 and the intersection of R-13. Have fun. Oh, the spot is right across the street from Triboro Bus Corporation Garage.

TengoAlpha

RE: NYC Spotting Locations

Sat Jan 29, 2000 8:14 am

Top of the Empire State, with binoculars great views of LGA JFK and EWR. When I was there there was also a constant stream of aircraft flying to one side of the building from South to North, to LGA I assume. Anyway it was great to watch an aircraft approach the runway at LGA and actually see it touch down. Amazing, not to mention the views of NYC. Well worth taking a pair of binoculars up with you.