NYC Spotting Locations

Sat Jan 29, 2000 5:35 am

I know we are all great lovers of aviation, some of us are great pilots also. I found the ultimate spot for plane spotting. Queens, NY. College of Aeronautics. Right next to it is a park called Plane View, bring chairs, because there are no benches. Witness the wake turbulence rolling off a Delta L-1011 on Final to Runway 4. Laguardia is the best for spotting. If you can't take the cold, you could always go into the College, they have a tower that goes 30 feet into the air, where you can look and see R-4-22 and the intersection of R-13. Have fun. Oh, the spot is right across the street from Triboro Bus Corporation Garage.

TengoAlpha

RE: NYC Spotting Locations

Sat Jan 29, 2000 8:14 am

Top of the Empire State, with binoculars great views of LGA JFK and EWR. When I was there there was also a constant stream of aircraft flying to one side of the building from South to North, to LGA I assume. Anyway it was great to watch an aircraft approach the runway at LGA and actually see it touch down. Amazing, not to mention the views of NYC. Well worth taking a pair of binoculars up with you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos