Scott4AA
Topic Author

Lockers At Ohare?

Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:21 pm

I have a seven hour layover in Ohare this friday, and wanted to take the opportunity to see a few things in downtown Chicago. In the airport, are there lockers where I could keep an upright carryon bag? Thanks in advance! -- Scott
American Airlines - We Know Why You Fly

EMBQA

RE: Lockers At Ohare?

Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:23 pm

Didn't TSA make all airports remove the lockers.......???
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

LFutia

Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:34 pm

7 hours? where are you flying from/to? What airline? hehe if its AA go to the K gates and you can see the intl arrivals happen from about 12.00 -> 3.00 pm! If your on United, feel free to take the underground walkway a few dozen times to make sure the light show hasnt repeated and to watch the UA Easy Update. Thats fun to watch. hehe. Terminal 2... well there's really nothing appetising to see. You can into T5 but just to the arrivals hall... i guess you could stand there and see people from all different countries come out ... Its fun to see where they are coming from/airline and to take pictures of the crew! Any other questions feel free to email me!
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

sfoff

Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:32 pm

Nope still no lockers, in any airport as far as I know.

I hate this because I would often fly NRSA on a day trip and would want to change out of my "flying clothes" into shorts, sneakers and t shirt. I would stash the extras in the locker and then change back before flying out.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking"

AirframeAS

Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:51 pm

Blame the Homeland Security Department. They take security a lil too far sometimes. It would be nice to have lockers within the security area, that would be cool. I used to fly to SAN alot as a non-rev on AS and used the SAN lockers within the security area. It was very easy and efficent.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

QIguy24

Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:05 pm

AirframeAS

I can tell you this: Its not only HSD who takes security a litte too serious. In BSL were I work they dont have lockers either because of security. And BSL is so small and in Switzerland.... What have Switzerland ever done? I cant see any reason to remove the lockers here..