Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mckennasmall
Topic Author

Air Canada Biz Product

Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:08 pm

I recently traveled from YVR-FRA rt. Traveling stand-by using an incentive Pass a.k.a. J all the way. I was really impressed with the service from YVR-YYC which had a 3 course meal. Then YYC-FRA service was ok, I mean for 10+ flight you got dinner and continental breakfast. I mean the person beside who was rev had to go to the galley to ask for more food. The PTV was ok no games though. Wines and Ports were ok nothing spectacular. Food had small portions. Overall the flight was ok, I mean I got better service on the flight from YVR-YYC. Is Air Canada now focusing on domestic biz product. I mean the service from YVR-YYC was a great improvement from before but it seems Air Canada have lowered their standards now when it comes to the international product. I admit I should not be complaining since I travel non-rev but I feel sorry for the full revenue passenger who is spending money to get service which is not up to par.

Like to here you thoughts

squad55

RE: Air Canada Biz Product

Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:05 pm

What flight did you travel on YVR-YYC. I mean what flight number was it? Also what time of day did you depart, I mean what time did you depart? I believe the J product changes somewhat from a/c to a/c. I mean what kind of a/c were you traveling on?

mckennasmall
Topic Author

Air Canada Biz Product

Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:19 pm

The YVR-YYC flight was at noon, flight number I do not recall, 320 Airbus.
The YYC-FRa flight was at 6 pm, flight number 844, 330 Airbus

captaingomes

Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:31 pm

I hear that AC is focussing on international ops more than domestic. I mean, they probably put more thought into the international market. I am surprised you got a 3 course meal on the YVR to YYC flight, I mean, that's really short eh?

FLYACYYZ

Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:33 pm

The focus is definitely more on International versus Domestic product. In the GAPS (Global Airline Passenger Survey), AC's J/C product has moved from 12th to 3rd in all major airlines surveyed crossing the Atlantic/Pacific. Results are verifiable on line.

On AC844 the J/C service is as follows:
Warm Mixed Nuts
Plated Choice of Appetizers/Wine/Bread
3 Main Courses (or choice of Gourmet Express Meal)
Cheese/Crackers/Fruit/Port
Choice of Desserts (including 1 pre-plated hot dessert)
Coffee/Tea/Liqeurs
Sneak a Snack Baskets

Continental Breakfast including:
Large Fruit Appetizer
Yoghurt/Cereal/Pastries
Choice of Juices/Coffee/Tea

The general response from customers is that they can't "budge" after all of this food. For those that are still hungry, all they have to do is ask for seconds. Find it hard to believe that somebody had to go pan-handling to the galley. Perhaps in the case of this revenue customer, cruising across the Atlantic would be the answer. 6 meals a day plus the infamous midnight chocolate buffet!!

As far as YVR-YYC, AC still serves a "full tray" during meal periods. It includes a plated appetizer/meal, dessert, chocolate, cheese and crackers. Not really a 3 course meal in the true sense of the word.

Aviationman

Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:17 am

"Cheese/Crackers/Fruit/Port"

"It includes a plated appetizer/meal, dessert, chocolate, cheese and crackers"

Sorry, I had to say it: Cheese should always be served with bread (or a choice of...), not crackers......... Cheese and crackers....so tacky!

mckennasmall
Topic Author

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:12 am

The thing that really got me was the amout of service one would recieve on a 1 hour rapidair from YVR to YYC. I mean the meal service was long, for a flight an hour long. I was used to be givin a tray and then that was it, suprised how it has changed.

FLYACYYZ

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:27 am

AVIATIONMAN -

The Crackers are offered from a basket which also includes an assortment of bread. A thousand pardons for the omission.

Picky, picky.

Aviationman

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:31 am

The question is not to be picky.......No, it's to know the real way to enjoy cheese.

FLYACYYZ

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:35 am

Check out airlinemeals.net. The bread is there.

Aviationman

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:44 am

I'm a moderator on airlinmeals.net. I know the bread is there. I was just expressing an opinion.

[Edited 2004-03-20 17:47:12]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos