MERLIN

BA Colors

Sat Jan 29, 2000 7:32 pm

I heard BA (British,Airways) is going to phase out its worldwide colorscheme, in favor of a revised Union Jack scheme, Any one heard of this?
"Aviation & Black hole carry same effect,once any where near it you're bound to get sucked in".

aa737

RE: BA Colors

Sat Jan 29, 2000 7:49 pm

They are going to have half world colors, and half union jack.

MERLIN

Sat Jan 29, 2000 8:43 pm

The best of both worlds,thanks Aa737!!
"Aviation & Black hole carry same effect,once any where near it you're bound to get sucked in".

Not True.......

Sun Jan 30, 2000 1:19 am

BA are keeping all the planes that where painted world colors in the world color scheme the rest are going to be painted Union Jack.
I do not know what percent are painted world but I do know that it is not half.
Iain

Sun Jan 30, 2000 1:44 am

BA introduced the new scheme some years ago - it was however exteremely unpopular here in the United Kingdom. Although they have not admitted to it they have now abandoned the scheme in favour of the much more 'patriotic' revised Union Jack tail colours. As the existing 'world scheme' aircraft become due for re-painting they will recieve the Union Jack colours. Correct me if I am wrong - but I have this information from a source within BA.

Bill.

Sun Jan 30, 2000 2:38 am

Not only was the new scheme extremely unpopular in the UK, far more importantly was the fact that the scheme was unsuccessfull in the US. BA lost its brand image, marketing became very difficult, and Americans had liked the idea of flying a truely British airline.