LHMark
Topic Author

Air Inter Question

Sun Jan 30, 2000 12:20 am

Does Air Inter's route network currently include any routes outside of France? I know they had A-330s for a while. If there are int'l destinations, where are they?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

teahan

RE: Air Inter Question

Sun Jan 30, 2000 12:23 am

Air Inter does not exist since it merged with Air France. They used to fly to Dublin.
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

LHMark
Topic Author

Out Of The Loop!

Sun Jan 30, 2000 12:28 am

(Slaps forehead) Jeez, I guess I've been out of the France loop too long. Sorry! When did THAT happen?
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

pilot21

Sun Jan 30, 2000 5:44 am

Well after the take-over of UTA and Air Inter by Air France, UTA was fully absorbed, but Air Inter was left serving it's usual domestic routes plus the odd hand-me -down like Dublin ( I thought it was a successful route) [PS I'm Irish so nobody get on and start going on about my hand-me-down route bit]
Anyway, then Air Inter became Air Inter Europe and more routes were added to the network, unsure which ones, I think Brussels etc.., some Spainish etc (could be wrong)
Then they finally became Air France Europe about two years ago. So as Teahan said Air Inter doesn't actually exist anymore. I think the slow absorbtion was to try and appease the Unions which are quite strong in France. As for the Dublin-Paris route is was handed over to CityJet which is a code share partner of AF.
I know a lot more comments could be added to fill in all the gaps, so hopefully my few details can jog peoples minds in the situation.
PS I think it's just Air France now, instead of AF Europe
Aircraft I've flown: A300/A310/A320/A321/A330/A340/B727/B732/B733/B734/B735/B738/B741/B742/B744/DC10/MD80/IL62/Bae146/AR

D10RK

Sun Jan 30, 2000 6:27 am

flight to Malaga from Orly

flights to tunisia and algeria from south of France (marseille , toulouse , lyon ) code share with AF but owner aircraft and crew IT

Nice-Bruxelles / dublin(code share with AF)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos