AIR MALTA
Topic Author

FRA-VIE Fly Adria Airways!

Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:07 pm

A few weeks ago I wanted to book a flight from Frankfurt to Vienna. I naturally surfed the internet to find cheap fares on LH and OS. I have never flown OS before so that was my first choice. OS had special internet fares at 198 euros with Etix ticket. The problem was that I don't have a credit card nor a Miles&More card. My friend wanted to pay for me with his credit card but he couldn't. You need either a credit card or a Miles&More card to get your ticket at the airport. I thought though that it would have been possible to get the ticket at FRA counter if you didn't have those cards. It was impossible. Then I tried to get the cheapest fares for those flights. They were then between 450 and 600 euros if I purchased them via phone, travel agent or at LH/OS desk in FRA. It was uncredibly high fares for Economy class tickets!!! How can they charge as much for a merely 1h30 flight. OS even charges for food on those flights. A no frill flight should not exceed 100 euros for such a hop. I decided then to check train fares. The lowest one cost 219 euros with 9 hours journey time. I was desperate. That would have cost me 2 nights less in Vienna.

Then I got this super reflex to call Adria Airways. I knew they operate 3 flights a day between FRA and VIE. A nice lady answered and told me all fares on this route in Economy cost 232 euros. Furthermore, another person could pay for me with his credit card and I could collect the ticket just 4 hours before the flight.

We finally bought this paper ticket. I got onboard a tidy and nice CRJ200. I had a tasty sandwich, a chocolate and two drinks. The flight lasted 1 hour instead of 1h30.

So whenever you think of flying FRA-VIE or MUC-VIE try Adria Airways. They offer cheaper fares, nice catering, tidy aircraft and you get Miles&More points for those flights. It is better that OS and LH and their astronomic fares...
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

TriStar500

RE: FRA-VIE Fly Adria Airways!

Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:12 pm

Yep, a business partner of ours regularily flies FRA-VIE-FRA on JP, too, and he is very satisfied with both fare price and service level on his trips. Definitely recommendable!
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

aviaction

Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:46 pm

Well said ... and very true!

I've had the pleasure of flying JP on the FRA-VIE run three times in a row. Each of the 6 flights was on time, a decent snack, drinks and several refills were offered - with a smile by very friendly and helpful flight attendants.

I enjoyed these flights thoroughly!
German by nationality, European by heart!

daumueller

Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:34 pm

and you get Mileage on LH/OS anyway  Smile

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:37 pm

I am just curious: does anybody know how is LH service on that route??

TriStar500

Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:40 pm

I can only talk for Eco, but I suppose you'd get the generic LH shorthaul service, i.e. one or two beverages and a sandwich or roll thrown at you with the patented LH "charm".

BTW - the last bit was sarcasm, actually the friendliness of LH's personal to Peasant Class passengers has increased noticeably in recent years.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:52 pm

I have flown LH TUN-FRA in Economy and FRA-TUN in Business... No much to say about the Economy Crew. They were professional , that's it! You had the choice between two different meals which was cool. Returning in Business Class, they told they were sorry to say that they the catering have forgot a Business Class. My meal was given to me in an Economy Class tray. The crew was also unfriendly....

The best crew I had was on Air France AF2585 at 16:05 from TUN to CDG, 12th March... The cabin crew made jokes and were very funny. I would love to know their names...

As for Adria Airways cabin crew, I found they were shy but friendly...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos