Who Hates RJ's More PAX Or F/A's?

Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:40 pm

What do you think?

Passengers or Flight Attendents?
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

flyboy80

RE: Who Hates RJ's More PAX Or F/A's?

Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:32 pm

Have you seen the galleys on regional aircraft? OMG thats gotta suck for the F/A... The forward galley equiped EMB-120s usually don't even have a cart. Not to mention aircraft like certain dash 8s where the lavatory is in a conflicting position with the galley and where the F/A "loiters" I know i have been refering to turbo props. However, the RJs in general don't seem a whole lot better!

ManchesterMAN

Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:53 pm

As a pax I love the ERJ145 - that single seat is great and certainly gives you more room than having John Candy (RIP) sat in the seat next to you on a mainline airliner. Other aircraft that employ 2-2 seating however certainly aren't as comfortable as the ERJ145. I've started flying quite a lot in the states recently and flying with CO between DCA and EWR I would choose the ERJ145 over the 735 any day of the week.

The Dash 8 on the other hand (whilst not a jet) is awful from a pax perspective and I aviod it where I can. I'll take a bet though that FAs hate RJs more!
Flown: A300,A319,A320,A321,A330,A340.A380,717,727,737,747,757,767,777,DC9,DC10,MD11,MD80,F100,F50,ERJ,E190,CRJ,BAe146,Da

cainanuk

Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:08 pm

Try dispatchers.

Have you ever tried to get a CRJ in balance when it has 50 businessmen on board with only handluggage and briefcases? It is a nose heavy aircraft at the best of times, but if you have a full pax load you had better have at least HALF of the baggage compartment full or it aint going ANYWHERE! I cant stand them. Give me a mainline aircraft any day of the week. At least THEY can be balanced relatively easily.

Cainan
Cainan Cornelius

coa764

Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:17 pm

Try dispatchers.
Agreed!
Try flight planning (ERJ) them on longer haul flights with a full payload and a required alternate. The other down side is they are slow, slow, slow.. It is really frustrating when you have a crew flying a B738 calling in wanting to know why ATC has them slowed down behind an RJ especially when your tying to get the flight in under its DOT time.
Please oh please Mr Moderator Nazi, dont delete my thread.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos