NIKV69
Topic Author

A&E"s Airline! One New, One Re-Run!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:51 pm

Our weekly gathering! Getting ready to sit down and watch it. Here is a preview from A&E's website

Storyline 1
In LA, Mike is confronted by a woman at the ticket counter who has just missed her flight. She's arrived 10 minutes before her departure time and she's irate and hell-bent. There's little Mike can do to calm this passenger down.

Storyline 2
in Chicago, passenger Nancy Marks is trying to get to her dying mother in time. Supervisor Denise has to tell her she didn't make her original flight and is rebooked on a flight in 45 minutes, but will that be too late?

Storyline 3
While waiting for their flight, these Russian dancers attract a crowd of waiting passengers as they put on a show and entertain everyone all around them

Hope this new show is good! Though it looks like we are hoping these Russian women are good looking.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

See ya after the first episode! The second one is a repeat!  Angry
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

FLAIRPORT

RE: A&E"s Airline! One New, One Re-Run!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:54 pm

is this the season fanalie?
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

scottysair

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:08 pm

I will able watch with the tv tonight at 11:00pm here in PHX time.

JetPower580

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:18 pm

I'll be able to watch tonight as last week it was overbooked.

theflcowboy

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:31 pm

When is Suzy ( the girl from LAX I think thats her name) going to be back on?
A318, A320, A332, A333, B1900, B722, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B738, B772, CR1, CR2, CR7, CR9, MD80, MD81, MD82, MD8

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:33 pm

I have realized many things after watching this episode of Airline.

1. Most WN employees in Midway much like Colleen, have the biggest asses!

2. Colleen needs to go on the Atkins diet like YESTERDAY!

3. You better realize when you fly WN you better never leave the gate.

4. That Shamu livery is AWESOME!

5. It seems the mechanics at WN are their greatest asset.

6. This show needs some new material! I still love it though!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

jeffrey1970

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:42 pm

I do not understand those football fans. It has been a long time since I have been at Midway, but since they were in the bar right accross from the gate, how is it they could not have heard the announcements. Plus why would you waite till the line got down to zero? Since seat location was not a concern for them, why not just waite at the end of the line?
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

freshlove1

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:43 pm

Does anyone really care about this show anymore??? It got old real fast, and anyone who works in the industry knows that this show is staged.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:46 pm

I agree some of it is staged, but not all of it. I enjoy watching the show, if you don't Freshlove1 then don't watch.

F9Fan

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:55 pm

Well, there is one good thing about this weeks episode, NO DRUNKS!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I wonder when people are going to realize that you don't arrive at the airport ten minutes before your flight and expect to make the flight, especially post 9/11? Even more aggravating is when that woman in red at LAX blamed WN for her tardiness.  Pissed

At least the Russian dancers were cool, even though the football fans weren't. I suppose they should move to Denver. At least they will be able to keep their threat about not flying WN again  Yeah sure (until they realize that EVERY airline is like that).

BTW, I heard that next year, there is going to be an additional crew at BWI. Also, they are going to be more passenger focused.  Nuts

F9Fan

jeffrey1970

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:57 pm

I also have read that Southwest is going to have there own terminal at BWI.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:04 pm

I have to tell you the best storyline of the season is that little girl from China. People here in the US don't realize how life in China is. Especially for females. That family that adopted that girl and brought her to this country was great. You know when I was at Mt. Rushmore last month I couldn't help but feel that what Jefferson, Washington, Lincoln and Roosevelt did and that their visions shaped this country and made it the greatest in the world. I hope that girl one day can visit there and realize this.

jeffrey1970

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:06 pm

I agree with you NIKV69.

DLX737200

Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:54 pm

I loved that old lady who was in a wheelchair and on oxygen support who said, "If I don't get on that plane, All HELL's gonna break loose!"  Big thumbs up

And those football fans who said, "The Plane leaves at 1:15pm and we got there at 1:14!!! What's the problem here?" LOL LOL! HELLO??? DUMBASS!!!
Stupid travelers!  Big thumbs up

-Justin

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:29 pm

Yes they were quite stupid, I loved the fact the camera was on them the whole time they were losing their seats. It seemed kind of staged but who knows, I like the way the guy got on his cell and went ape with customer service, then when he was boarding the second flight the ticket agent said "great shirt, very patriotic" and he said "yea it would be great if I was on my regular flight" that was priceless. The second episode with the old lady and the stupid kid who couldn't even recite his rehearsed lines was great, I almost died laughing when the kid said "I have been looking forward to this trip for a month, ehhh no a week" That was so good!

Viva Airline!!

bobb

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:36 am

HahaHa.

Says her mother is dying and Dr. gave her two hours. Pan to the grankid and she's smiling!!!

Lier lier pants on fire!

jmy007

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:12 am

I loved the second episode.(which was the rerun)

The father of the navel cadet going irate at the ticket counter, because HE forgot his paper tickets.

The older lady who's VITAL medicine was pack in checked luggage. (which makes me think, why on earth wouldn't you take that in you carry on, if you needed it so badly) Yeah sure

And it was warming to see that no one on that Tampa flight wanted to give up their seat Yeah sure , for a later flight that day plus money and food vouchers, that minor traveling alone. The one guy who did raise his hand was waving at the camera.

I hope that these folks see themselves on TV. Maybe they can appreciate the jobs everyone does at the airline, and airport.

Cookies are the Gateway pastry. They lead to Éclairs and Bear Claws.

contrails

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:42 am

I enjoyed the first couple of shows, but I'm now sick of it. All they show are rude and arrogant people who are whining because THEY didn't get to the airport on time, or THEY got drunk, or THEY didn't understand the rules, or THEY did some other thing to cause them to miss a flight.

These people seem to be examples of the "I'm Important" movement of the 70's and 80's. Well they're important only to themselves.

I've had enough! I'm not watching any more episodes if this is all they know to show.
Flying Colors Forever!

ultrapig

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:56 am

I've watched a few episodes and I'm surpised at how many druck and rude passengers they show-I've rarely seen that many-although I recognize just showing polite people would not make a s good show.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:22 am

I agree they need to get some fresh material, but I will watch every week! I love that show. Wish they would show some different employees, I mean Colleen is a heffer, I want some new faces who asses aren't the size of New Mexico! Who knows, I am a big fan of A&E thought they will come through!

EMBQA

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:28 am

Does anyone really care about this show anymore??? It got old real fast..

I stopped watching 3 weeks ago.......it was always the same old same, drunks and idiots that don't read their travel agreement and blame the airlines when they show 10 minutes before departure....
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

aviatortj

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:30 am

What is the deal with those Bronco fans at MDW? After they get bumped, they called the customer service line and later said that they got their tickets refunded! It is their fault they did not get to the gate on time! Hopefully there is someone to get the other side of the story before a refund is handed out. Regarding the tape of them, I am sure that the photographers take hours upon hours of video and they happened to be included in shots inside the bar.

I love the people that complain they got bumped and then say, "I paid $400 for this ticket!" Well, you should have put that $400 towards someone besides WN. I am disappointed that they are booked up when I am in LAX later in April, maybe I'll get Ted instead.

__TJ__

COAB767

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:31 am

I think half of the people on this show are fools. Like yesterday those football fans going from MDW-OAK were pissed because they missed there flight, cuz they were at the bar, there blaming the gate agents for not calling them which is not true. Then they show up to the gate 1mn prior to departure. They don't understand that if you show up for your flight less than 10mn prior to departure ur reservation is subject to cancellation, therefore entitling WN to give up ur seat. It's also a policy with WN that their flights close 2mn prior to departure. So basically all's I'm saying is that if you wanna retain your seat don't show up when the jetway is about to be pulled away from the aircraft, or the aircraft is pushing back.
Continental Micronesia: "Fly With The Warmth Of Paradise"

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:46 am

Yea really, I mean I get to the airport at least 90 minutes if not 2 hours before departure. Don't blame tix agents. Especially when you are in the bar drinking cheap beer!  Yeah sure

COAB767

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:50 am

Did anybody see that episode where this lady and her 2 sons were trying to blame the agent at MDW because they showed up for check-in 20mn prior to departure, when the agent said they advise u to be here 2hrs prior to departure.
Continental Micronesia: "Fly With The Warmth Of Paradise"

WesternDC1010

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:24 am

My highlight of the evening was of the re-run where the old crow in the wheel chair stating that:

"ALL HELL IS GONNA BREAK LOOSE IF I'M NOT ON THAT FLIGHT!"

Oh, hit me with your best shot, you old bat! I was expecting her to spin her head around, spew green vomit and split in half and watch the wrath of the devil shoot out of her. Granny was clASSy!

- Ron
Western DC-10-10
Western Airlines - The Only Way To Fly

FedExDC-10

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:27 am

No no, LOL, my favorite quote from her was "I'm getting on that plane whether they like it or not!"

ROFL. That is hillarious!

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:39 am

I know, not to mention WN probably saved that whole family money cause they looked so stupid the would have donated at least $500 to whatever hotel they were staying at in Vegas! What idiots that whole family was!

WesternDC1010

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:42 am

I'm glad she wasn't my granny! And that grandson of hers shouldn't aspire to be an actor because his little 'pre-rehearsed tantrum' was NOT an Emmy award-winning performance!

And of the new episodes, those football player fans should just plan on never travelling again because obviously they are too stupid to even leave their homes!

- Ron
Western DC-10-10

Western Airlines - The Only Way To Fly

EMBQA

Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:53 am

"ALL HELL IS GONNA BREAK LOOSE IF I'M NOT ON THAT FLIGHT!"

Is that the same one that was denied boarding due to her needing 02 and other medical reasons....???

If so, if you listen very carefully early on in the exchange, you can hear her daughter say.."we had to take her out of the hospital against Dr's orders just to get her on this flight"

Geee....I wonder why they said no..!!!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

UAFAN17

Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:22 pm

I agree about the granny. Denise needs to get some dental work done, a tummy tuck, lipo, and TEETH. WN should pay for it, so she doesn't make their airline look like a bunch of Toothless witches. The only chicago Customer Service Agent who doesn't have an ASS or dental issues is Anita, but she hasn't been on for a while. I love Yolanda she is so cool. I cant believe an African prince flew WN. I love the granny with co2. I also love the episode where the FLL flight is oversold, and that guy who claimed his dad has never travelled before and they cant reach him. BS, hello has he been living in a bomb shelter all his life. Just like in that movie with Brendan Fraiser. He was so dumb to mock a person on T.V. if his boss sees that, if he has one, should fire his A$$.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:27 pm

UAFAN17,

Your not whistling Dixie! Yes with the exception of Anita some of those agents are scary!  Wow!

We need to see a lot less of Colleen, she has a bit of an attitude and seemed to enjoy bumping those Bronco fans just a little too much, in fact she did it probably because of those two pax in front of her who probably were going to get bumped because they oversold the flight, not to mention she is huge! Try the South Beach diet!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

sprxflySWA

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:05 pm

Well, we al know you can't expect too much from any Denver Bronco fans. I am sure they were treated VERY well at the Coliseum in Oakland!  Big grin (No bias,but I am a KC fan!  Smile )

Here is my guess on next week's episode: A bitch will miss flight due to car accident, somebody's baggage will get misplaced under their nose, and there will be an oversold flight full of drunken hooligans!

bobb

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:19 pm

I like Colleen. She doesn't take no bull!

Young brother: "it doesn't make sense..." Colleen should had said "'cuz yer dumb, brother!"

Delta767300ER

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:58 pm

I enjoy watching Airline, however their music must go!

-Delta767300ER

aviatortj

Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:00 pm

I enjoy watching Airline and await the DVDs. It is like a talk show, it makes me feel better about my life.  Big thumbs up

__TJ__

goingboeing

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:20 pm

Concerning the guys at the bar who showed up 1 min prior to departure...I flew SWA back from TPA to MCI a couple of weeks ago. In the gate next to ours was an America West jet where they CLOSED THE DOORS 10 minutes before departure. A couple of folks made it on the plane, but a couple did not. Over the speaker, SWA agents were paging 4 passengers for the TPA-ISP flight - starting 10 minutes prior to departure. They kept paging them, about every two minutes up until 2 minutes before departure. I am sure if anyone missed that flight, they will most likely write a letter complaining that SWA "left them at the gate".

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:27 pm

Yes Delta, that music is a bit corny, but I tell you I LOVE the shots of WN's birds taking off and landing! I think that is so great. Yes those Bronco fans probably weren't too welcome in the Raider Nation! They sure were funny though! I agree we need new angles for stories the ones being used are getting old fast. I would love to see two pax get into it right in the gate area! How good would that be?