Sean-SAN-
Topic Author

Free Booze On UA Flights?

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

I flew SFO-HKG-SFO (econ+) two weeks ago, and was amazed to get free alcohol drinks during the entire flight. Does UA give free alcohol on all international flights, or just Asia?

theflcowboy

RE: Free Booze On UA Flights?

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:22 pm

I think it might be econ+ (I may be wrong). I was under the impression that alcohol is not free for econ pax.
A318, A320, A332, A333, B1900, B722, B732, B733, B734, B735, B737, B738, B772, CR1, CR2, CR7, CR9, MD80, MD81, MD82, MD8

InnocuousFox

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:24 pm

I got a free beer last night because of the 2 hour delay and the fact that I was going to miss my connection and have to stay in DEN overnight. Apparently, some of the younger crowd took far more advantage of their offer over th 2 1/2 hour flight than I did.  Nuts
Dave Mark - Intrinsic Algorithm - Reducing the world to mathematical equations!

broose27

Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:25 pm

I flew MEL-SYD-LAX on UA in February, regular economy, and had free wine and beer.

MikeM2648

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:38 pm

I flew DTW-IAD-LHR and back last week. Both flights between LHR and IAD had free alcohal, wine, and liquor in economy. I was in regular economy on the way over and economy plus on the way back. The drinks were free both times! They had wine, beer, and some hard alcohal (I went for Bailey's on ice). They would not give out more than one at a time however the savy drink fiend could easily help themselves as they parked the alcohal cart in the free space near the exit door in the gap between eco plus and regular economy (on the 777),

-Mike

P.S. I found the food to be excellent both ways!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:40 pm

UA/NW are the only two USA-based carriers to offer free booze on all transoceanic flights...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos