Topic Author

JetBlue Adds Tampa

Tue Feb 01, 2000 11:08 pm

Jetblue http://www.jetblue.com has added Tampa, Florida to their growing list of destinations.

I'm thinking that they should start service to Salt Lake City soon, in anticipation of the Olympic games in 2002. They could stand to make a whopping profit out of that.

Who knows? We'll have to see what the future brings! Let's hope all our skies are jetBlue! As their motto goes.

Neil Harrison
Remember: Keep the Plane Level!

RE: JetBlue Adds Tampa

Mon Feb 07, 2000 7:28 pm

Any of ya'll hear anything about Jacksonville (JAX)being added on to the Jet Blue network? There was a big deal about that locally two months ago, then it fizzled out.If anyone has any inside info on it, I would appreciate it!

RE: JetBlue Adds Tampa

Tue Feb 08, 2000 2:09 am

I wouldn't be shocked to hear if SLC is picked as a western hub. There seems to be a strong area connection with the company (ex-Morris Air, there's a reservations office, etc.). DL may get a run for its money in the next few years if jetBlue gains acceptance..
Ask why..

JetBlue Vs. DL In SLC, Olympic Scam

Tue Feb 08, 2000 6:07 am

jetBlue has home-based res agents in the Salt Lake area. However, route planning based on a 2-week sporting event, where the world's rich will come to see rich kids compete, is probably not sound. Of course sound economics hasn't stopped the state of Utah from widening the interstate, or building a light-rail line, despite voter objections, all in the name of the Olympics. You remember how they won (bribed for) the games. And don't think jB wants to eat up that much flying time to serve a low-yield market, or to give their res agents some non-rev opportunities. DL is planning low LFs for the Oly period, but is in big as a corporate sponsor. Watch DL to down-size their SL hub after Feb2001, and grow their LAS and DEN operations.
Better than most, not as good as some.

Here Is The Schedule

Tue Feb 08, 2000 6:26 am

starting feb. 16th:

JFK 0935-1225 TPA 1300-1535 JFK
JFK 1605-1910 TPA 1945-2220 JFK
JFK 2050-2345 TPA 0630-0905 JFK

im gonna wail on that bad boy.....

ps thanx chris for the schedule...

Already Enjoying Them...

Tue Feb 08, 2000 6:38 am

We here in the Ft Lauderdale metropolitan area are already basking in "JetBlue" skies. The livery isn't that revolutionary, but it ain't bad at all. I will see how they progress in the next semester or so. If I can, I'll collect a few of my pesos and try them just for the heck of it. Hey, it isn't that expensive afterall!!

I wonder how the other airlines are saying behind the scenes about JetBlue...

Love & be happy,
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down