Air_Chick_757
Topic Author

Flights To Sri Lanka

Wed Feb 02, 2000 10:00 am

My dad told me he might go to Sri Lanka in July, but he´s not quite sure about that. He told me also that you have to wait 3 days @ ORY or LHR for available flights... I don´t know if it´s true...
Which airlines actually fly to Sri Lanka?
BTW, does Sri Lanka have a airline company??  

"Bye-a-mundo!"
Julie

Derico

Air Lanka

Wed Feb 02, 2000 11:20 am

Air_Chick_757

Sri Lanka's flagship airline WAS called Air Lanka, but they now have changed it to Sri Lankan!!
Check this out,
http://www.airlanka.com

There you will find all the destinations, etc.

BTW, (off topic),
How come your dad gets to FLY so much? (just curious, e-mail me if you don't want to tell here)

A hell bent in world domination Derico
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

RE: Air Lanka

Wed Feb 02, 2000 6:10 pm

Your Dad could get the daily Emirates flight to Dubai from LHR, LGW, or even MAN, and then connect to Emirates' service to Colombo, operated by either a 777, or an A300-600, daily.

Airlines flying to CMB are: Emirates, Gulf Air, Kuwait Airways, Saudi Arabian, LTU, AOM, Britannia, Monarch, Indian Airlines, Sri Lankan, Cathay Pacific, Thai, Korean Air Cargo, Armenian Airlines, Aeroflot, Eurofly, Qatar Airways, Balair and I am sure a few others.

We fly there often before catching a connection (on Emirates or SriLankan to Male, Maldives Is.

Regards,
Tailscraper.

shankly

Emirates

Wed Feb 02, 2000 6:28 pm

I have done the Sri Lanka run using Emirates and would recommend it. Good service, equipment and I have always found them the cheapest. The wait in Dubai is normally no longer than 3hrs.
L1011 - P F M

thai747

RE: Flights To Sri Lanka

Wed Feb 02, 2000 6:38 pm

Hi!
If i were ur dad i'd choosee Sri Lankan ( UL ) , I heard they really improved and they are tryiing to reach EK's standard + the airline's much more exotic and interesting

Wed Feb 02, 2000 6:48 pm

I think AOM has daily flights to colombo from ORY.

reno

gardermoen

Thu Feb 03, 2000 7:03 am

Sri Lankan have daily London/Colombo flights using the A340, and AOM flying just twice weekly to Colombo from Paris using the A340s. Also, there is a weekly service from Vienna using Austrian Airlines, and also from Sofia once a week on Balkan.
Another exotic way would be to fly on Air Maldives. they now have twice weekly A310s services from Manchester and Gatwick that fly to Male via Dubai . ANd then from Male there are several connections to colombo.