Tracks
Topic Author

Jetgreen Airways - Jetblue With A Dress Code

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:31 am

I saw an advertisement today for the new Irish airline Jetgreen -http://www.flyjetgreen.com - it seems to be going against the trend of European LCCs by having a first class section. Its even got a dress code!

First Class passengers, including children, are required to observe our strict dress code which is smart-casual (no jeans, shorts,
t-shirts, trainers, sandals, beach or sports-wear.)

Seems strange for a low cost airline flying primarily to leisure destinations (Malaga, Alicante, Faro) to have first class and a dress code. Anyone know of any other airlines with a dress code?

Moreover it seems to have a lot of frills for a low cost carrier (3 course meal in Economy) though technically I'm not sure it could be classified as a carrier seeing as Icelandair will operate their flights (complete with FI codes).

chepos

RE: Jetgreen Airways - Jetblue With A Dress Code

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:13 am

Before they try to market their first class product as being upscale and what not they should do something with their website, even Ryanair has a better looking website.
Chepos  Smile
Fly the Flag!!!!

wgw2707

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:26 am

Ah goody another cheap European rip-off of a great American airline. First Continental Airways, now this... I think if I should require travel from Ireland to a leisure destination I'll fly Aer Lingus...

-WGW2707

jetbluefan1

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:36 am

It's 1.90 Euros per minute to call in! Sure doesn't sound like JetBlue to me (except for the name and the booking process).

I don't think I'll fly this stuck up airline anytime soon. They seem to be very stuck up, and that doesn't fly in the airline industry.

JetBluefan1

SafeFlyer

Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:36 am

Also, when you look into "Standard class" you find the following

Complimentary seat allocation at check-in
They make it sound like they are doing you a favor and it's free!  Laugh out loud Who charges for seat allocation (excluding LCC that just don't allocate seats at check-in)? And a dress code? Do they actually WANT passengers? You won't find many business travelers on a LCC operating a leisure route.

Other than that, the lettering looks a lot like JetBlue.