airxliban

AA 767-200 First Class

Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:20 am

I know that there was a trip report about an AA flight from LAX-JFK or vicky versa in First Class in the Trip Report forum but I can't find it anymore with the search tool...does anyone have the link?

Does anyone have any opinions on how the service is and what the seat is like. It would appear to be 2-1-2 across the 767-200.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. I am very interested in learning about how this service is as I am trying to figure out what to do with my mileage award.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

RE: AA 767-200 First Class

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:40 pm

The seat is the big, old brown "wooly mammoth" seat.

Service is good... big meal difference is essentially one more entree choice over Business Class. The front cabin is small, but without the curtains, can see everything going on in First from as far back as coach.

latinaviation

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:41 pm

AirxLiban,

Try this, it's a pretty detailed report of an AA trans-con in First (Premium) Class.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/41214/6/
Note that you'll have to go to FlyerTalk to read the entire report.

Yes, AA's 767-200 fleet is in a 2x1x2 configuration accommodating 9 passengers.

PresRDC

Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:57 am

I am a huge fan of AA's 762 F (or "P" as it coded in reservation systems) service on the transcons to LAX and SFO from JFK. These so-called American Flagship Service or AFS flights feature an international style meal service in F on dinner flights, with warm nuts/crudities, a salmon cart, a salad cart with a la carte vegetables and lobster tails, a choice of four main courses and ice cream sundaes or a cake of some sort for dessert. None of the courses are pre-plated. In addition, F passengers get the personal DVD players that International J class gets on the 767-300 flights. Lunch flights are a little more scaled-back, with the salmon and salad carts combined into one course. Breakfast flights offer more choices than AA's usual omlete or cereal, but the food quanity and quality is not much different than the non-AFS transcon breakfasts.

I think the AFS flights are the one area where AA offers the leading premium product on the market and highly reccomend them to anyone. An added benefit is the opportunity to "star gaze" on the LAX flights.

HNLFlyBoy

Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:04 am

The link to the flyertalk.com report is not a good link. It's not found. Can someone please post a good link, as I would like to read the report.

Happy Flying!

HNLFB

N312RC

Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:22 am

Below is a link I found regarding the "AFS". Seems pretty nice!

http://www.amrcorp.com/facts/sheets/flagship.htm
N/A

airxliban

Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:47 pm

thanks for your responses, i'll definitely look into this one!
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos