I need some help choosing an airline for someone i know. They are going to LAX
around April 30th ( Plus - Minus a couple days ).
They're leaving FNT, Flint Bishop Airport in Michigan. They only want to fly out of there ( Not DTW
And...its a One Way ticket, they arnt coming back, lol.
Here are the cheapest options:
Midwest Express = FNT-MKE
, Arrive MKE
8:25am, Depart MKE
8:50am for flight to LAX
AirTran = FNT-ATL
, Arrive ATL
like 5:25pm or so, depart ATL
7:20pm ( Something like that )...Arrive LAX
like 10:40pm, = $132.00
Now...Just a note, the person that is flying, is *NOT* Enthusiastic about flying, so...LOL, with that being said, they dont like to fly all over the place like most of us aviation guru's, they just like to get the flying done and over with.
My question is... Which airline would you choose for the ease of a 0% aviation knowledgeable person who doesnt like to deal with hassles or anything?
I was thinking the following:
1. Milwaukee is a smaller airport, less traffic, should be easy to get around, Plus MX
Connection & MX
gates are very close to eachother
2. Get to LAX
around Noon instead of late night
3. Midwest Express...Nobody i know has ever flown them, why not give them a shot? I think they'll be pretty good?
4. No chance of delays probably...Not really a busy airport, airline pretty good on time im assuming.
5. Plane wont be fully loaded im guessing, according to seat maps it looks about 70% loaded right now, unlike airtran which will probably be 100% loaded.
1. Get to leave FNT later, means you wont have to wake up early in the morning
2. More flexibility
3. More layover time at layover airport, no rushing
4. Nobody in my family has ever flown airtran, give them a try?
Which one would you guys recommend or choose & for what reasons? Is 25 minute layover time enough at Milwaukee MKE
Thanks for any replies ahead of time!
Flying a plane is no diff. from riding a bicycle. Its just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes. -'Airplane'