AA777
Topic Author

Air France 296:

Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:42 am

I was reading an article at airdisaster.com, and came across this article, that essentially claimed that there had been a cover up involving the french government and Airbus maybe? The captain reported that the altimeter said 100 feet, as ordered to overfly the airport. However, the aircraft truly flew at 30 feet above the airport... How is it possible that the altimeter claimed a difference of 70 feet? And if so, did french officials / airbus take responsiblility? Did they fix this possible error? The Captain, Mr. Asseliene, claimed that the black boxes were fabricated (the ones used against him in the French Disciplinary hearing, where he was sentenced to 10 mos in jail for manslaugter).... Very odd. I'd like to hear your comments and opinions, this should be an interesting topic to discuss and debate.

Here is the link: http://www.airdisaster.com/investigations/af296/af296.shtml

-AA777

b741

RE: Air France 296:

Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:48 am

Probably another coverup by the French. Just like I heard about the Concorde crash. I also heard they were the first in Vietnam.
Being Bilingual, I Speak English And Aviation

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos