pixuk

The Real Mile High - How Much Is True?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:27 am

Just watched "The Real Mile High" on British TV (Sky One) tonight, and wondered how many of the cabin crew on A.net have done any of the things the crew featured in the programme claim to have done.

These include:
Tray racing - on empty aircraft, cabin crew sliding down the aisles on trays(!)
Smoking - by blowing the smoke down the drain hole underneath the drip grill in the galley
Eye Drops - a natural laxative, add a couple of drops to a complaining passengers drink (apparently it's tasteless)
Flashing during safety demo - standing at the back of the plane, trying to put your colleagues off by getting your bits out
Interesting goodbyes - Spank your hairy crutch = Thank you very much, Cottage Pie / Apple Pie = Goodbye, etc

Any of you want to admit to any of these, or was this just tabloid TV?

Pix

m404

RE: The Real Mile High - How Much Is True?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:06 am

Tray racing on ferry flight - done that. Cant control slide very well and of course it's best on climb out. Pleae keep hands and legs inside the car at all times.

Eye drops in drink - Noooooooooooooo. Don't do that. Very bad results. Makes Montezuma's look pale in comparison. Altough I was just told today that "Murine" no longer has that particular ingrediant.

Flashing. Been on receiving end of that riding non-rev.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

Ryanair737

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:13 pm

Yes I saw that programme as well, it looked like most of the on-board footage was on a Air Atlanta 747. Like Pix said, It will be interesting to see if any of these are true.

Ryanair737
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC

Sammyhostie

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:16 pm

"Tray racing - on empty aircraft, cabin crew sliding down the aisles on trays(!)"

Yes it is great fun!! obviously only when pax are absent!

Also playing hide and seek in the empty cabin, the F/O turns all the light off, excellent!

Also... putting certain word in your PA's like "animal farm" "seabiscuit" and "new found jam jar"

Its great fun.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:05 pm

Sound like great little playgrounds those $150m planes

erikwilliam

Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:30 pm

hey guys, good morning from Brasil.
Gotta tell U that the Mile High club for me was something diferent than this...
Done my mile high in New Zealand, in a flight between Christchurch-Auckland, had meet a Swedish girl (Anja) @the airport, we hoped on the same flight, wich was completely empty,the flight was about 2hr long, by the first 20min I alredy kissed her, as there was only me and her after the midle section and the Air New Zealand ladys were at the front of the plane chating, nobody saw us going to the bathroom, and then happend....I LOVE SWEDEN!!!
But considering the new categories, racing trays must be fun too.

Have a nice days guys.  Wink/being sarcastic
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo