VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:20 pm

Does anyone know when G-VFLY the last a/c left in VS old c/s, is due for a repaint. She's starting to look very shabby and appears much older than she actually is. I guess she's still in old c/s as was originally due to leave the fleet, but now this has changed does anyone have any idea's???  Smile

Thanks and regards,

So long 701, it was nice knowing you.

RE: VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:43 pm

I just flew this a/c on March 29 - you're right when I saw she was my chosen steed for the LHR-BOS flight I thought "uh-oh, got a clunker here". Inside is in good shape, but the PTVs in Upper Class are really quite worn out and not too bright anymore

RE: VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:06 am

Originally G-VFLY was going to leave the fleet along with G-VSKY in a deal with the French Air Force. That deal fell through and only G-VSKY went in the end to BWIA via the leasing company.

The plans for the A343 fleet change on a regular basis and now the airline is expanding again we will probably hang onto the remaining nine. If this is the case then a fresh coat of paint for G-VFLY should certainly be considered.

Incidentally the last time I flew on G-VFAR, she was still in the old colours. Anyone seen her recently?