sevenheavy

VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:20 pm

Does anyone know when G-VFLY the last a/c left in VS old c/s, is due for a repaint. She's starting to look very shabby and appears much older than she actually is. I guess she's still in old c/s as was originally due to leave the fleet, but now this has changed does anyone have any idea's???  Smile

Thanks and regards,

SevenHeavy
So long 701, it was nice knowing you.

aguilo

RE: VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:43 pm

I just flew this a/c on March 29 - you're right when I saw she was my chosen steed for the LHR-BOS flight I thought "uh-oh, got a clunker here". Inside is in good shape, but the PTVs in Upper Class are really quite worn out and not too bright anymore

Jetstreamer

RE: VS A343 G-VFLY - Repaint?

Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:06 am

Originally G-VFLY was going to leave the fleet along with G-VSKY in a deal with the French Air Force. That deal fell through and only G-VSKY went in the end to BWIA via the leasing company.

The plans for the A343 fleet change on a regular basis and now the airline is expanding again we will probably hang onto the remaining nine. If this is the case then a fresh coat of paint for G-VFLY should certainly be considered.

Incidentally the last time I flew on G-VFAR, she was still in the old colours. Anyone seen her recently?