FLAIRPORT

Day 2 Of The Mess On The East Coast

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:18 am

WOW!
I just got home from school and found out that the Fort Lauderdale Area was under a tornado warning until 3:30pm! (I have been outside since 3, but thats another story)

so, I checked online and the mess continues:
FLL:
Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm EDT.
Due to WX/TSTMS, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 46 minutes and 1 hour in length and increasing.
Due to WX/TSTMS, arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delay between 46 minutes and 1 hour and increasing.
Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL). To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
MIA:
Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Miami International Airport, Miami, FL (MIA) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm EDT.
General Arrival Delays: Due to WX/TSTMS, arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delay between 31 minutes and 45 minutes and increasing.
Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Miami International Airport, Miami, FL (MIA). To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
JFK:
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS and Updating reason..., there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 42 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS and Updating reason..., there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 42 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
Due to WEATHER, LOW VIS/CIGS, departure traffic destined to John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:15 pm EDT.
ATL:
Due to WEATHER, LO CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving The William B Hartsfield International Airport, Atlanta, GA (ATL). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 56 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
EWR:
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 40 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
PHL:
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 54 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS/VSBY, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:15 pm EDT.
PBI:
Due to WX/TSTMS, arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delay between 46 minutes and 1 hour and increasing
TEB:
Due to WEATHER, LOW CIGS, departure traffic destined to Teterboro Airport, Teterboro, NJ (TEB) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:35 pm EDT.

The groundstops for MIA and FLL have been lifted!
this is bad!

[Edited 2004-04-13 22:30:21]

[Edited 2004-04-13 22:46:38]
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

flymia

RE: Day 2 Of The Mess On The East Coast

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:33 am

Yea weather is bad here today I hear plenty of Planes pass over my house going into MIA.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

AirplanePeanut

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:38 am

Rain in Crapchester!

AP

jeffie813

Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:29 am

PBI and FLL are in worse shape than MIA is today. as of 5:15 pm arrival delays in PBI and FLL are from 46 minutes to 1 hour and increasing. MIA is between 31 and 45 minutes.

sw733

Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:32 am

I flew MDW - MCI last night (my flight was part of a FLL - MCO - RDU - MDW - MCI - OKC flight number...GUESS THE AIRLINE!  Wink/being sarcastic ) and it was delayed about an hour and a half due to weather. Tons of stuff was delayed at MDW yesterday on Southwest due to all the planes coming from the South. The flight next to me was a flight to Louisville, KY and was delayed like 2 and a half hours because the plane was coming from FLL... it was a fun day! ;-0

HlywdCatft

Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:35 pm

With all those storms in south Florida, I am surprised nothing was diverted to MCO. I kept looking for unusual flights here but i saw nothing

DeltaMIA

Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:49 pm

MLB received DL2473 and DL5022 when FLL shut down at 3:30pm
It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

BritPilot777

Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:51 pm

MCO was pretty quiet today, didnt seem to be much activity of inbound nor departing flights from what I could.
Forever Flight