jmy007

Airline Museum Out Side K.C?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:05 am

I was driving westbound on I-70 yesterday just to the east of Kansas City (about 30 miles west of the city, just before the Jackson County line) And I saw an all white plane(jet) sitting out on the grass,in front of what looks like a small airport, as I quickly glanced up, I saw several planes parked, including an old United Express plane, in the old orange and blue colors, (with the E on the tail)
Did I see a mirage, or is this a place to visit. I know that there is a Airline museum at the downtown KC airport.

Does anyone have any idea what this place is, the name, etc.

Any help!

Thanks  Smile
Cookies are the Gateway pastry. They lead to Éclairs and Bear Claws.

RE: Airline Museum Out Side K.C?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:09 am

This is not a museum, no.
I've seen DHC-7s of Gulfstream parked up there as well as Metros in United Express paint scheme. I believe it's an airfield of some sort with aircraft storage.

Art at ISP

RE: Airline Museum Out Side K.C?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:28 am

The Airline History Museum of Kansas City is based at MKC (Kansas City Downtown Airport), and has 3 aircraft: A Lockheed L-1049 H (painted as a G) Super Constellation which is airworthy, as well as a Martin 404 and a DC-3 which is undergoing restoration. All are painted in TWA period colors.

This was originally called Save-A-Connie. The Constellation still does airshows around the country.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos